Site is Really Slow

born2see
born2see
04/17/2018 4:04 am

I just joined this site and just about every song I try to play just sits there with that triangle. I have pretty fast Internet (100Mb) and I don't have this problem with other sites including JamPlay. I've tried both Chrome and IE but it doesn't matter.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

# 1
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
04/17/2018 12:09 pm

No video replay problems here. Works as smoothly as ever.

# 2
born2see
born2see
04/17/2018 2:14 pm

Must be me then. Thanks

# 3
clintyf2013
clintyf2013
02/19/2020 4:50 am

I have been a member for almost a month and just recently within the last week been having the same problem. It gets frustrating because I'm really wanting to learn and I'm having to go to YouTube and do things other than using this site to help learn how to play.

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/20/2020 5:17 pm

Hi there,

When you say that the site is performing slow, do you mean the general navigation of the website, or the videos themselves? If the videos are loading slow, you can set a default video quality in your Account page so that it automatically loads at a resolution that does not take as much bandwith to play.

To set the universal video quality settings, follow these steps:

1. go to your ACCOUNT page.

2. At the bottom of the ACCOUNT page, go to OTHER SETTINGS.

Choosing 540p will be the best quality / performance. Set it lower if you still have trouble.

I hope that helps!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5
etiennebester
Full Access
etiennebester
Full Access
02/21/2020 6:55 pm
Originally Posted by: clintyf2013

I have been a member for almost a month and just recently within the last week been having the same problem. It gets frustrating because I'm really wanting to learn and I'm having to go to YouTube and do things other than using this site to help learn how to play.

Same here. Video playback on other sites (Netflix/Amazon/Youtube) is fine, GT site loads ok, but the video playback doesn't even start for me. Setting the site to a lower quality seems to work to open the video, and from there I can set it to something higher.

# 6
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
04/28/2020 6:55 am

Are there any plans in iPad app to try and optimize the video response speed ?

Tapping the screen to bring up play controls has a painful delay before you're presented with the control bar to pause, resume, or more likely rewind a part, and then drag the slider on the red bar back just enough.

E.g. Setting Loop A and B, and adjusting speed, then Playing to a video repeatedly trying to get a part right is excruciatingly painful because of the sluggish responsiveness, delay, and lack of REW FFD button. [br][br]

I think many of us are accustomed to the snappy YouTube controls, with back and forward buttons that rewind or advance a few seconds by a simple double tap on the left or right half of the screen. [br][br]

this is much more efficient with you've got a pick in one hand, while balancing a guitar in the other. [br][br]

sometimes I wonder if the iPad and web apps were writing by guitar players who actually use the service, or contracted out coding to vague spec sheets letting software developers make the call.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.