I give up! i quit! i'm done.

Guitar Tricks Forum > Guitar Tricks Site > I give up! i quit! i'm done.

DavesGuitarJourney

Full Access

Crosswalks... is that little tiny corner of a crosswalk stripe in that one cell count as a crosswalk? Is that a bus I see waaaaaay in the background or is it a garbage truck? I blame captcha, not GT. It is annoying sometimes but I understand the necessity for it. Imagine the spam we would see in the forum without it. It does sound like some people get the captcha challenge a lot more than I do though.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

Crosswalks... is that little tiny corner of a crosswalk stripe in that one cell count as a crosswalk? Is that a bus I see waaaaaay in the background or is it a garbage truck? I blame captcha, not GT. It is annoying sometimes but I understand the necessity for it. Imagine the spam we would see in the forum without it. It does sound like some people get the captcha challenge a lot more than I do though.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

snojones

Full Access

Hey John,

It looks like there is no new guitar for either of us in those pages of busses, cross walks, and swearing at computers....Damn!

Would it help to pursuade your "Family Member"/ designer at PRS, if you had more people wanting to get access to his under utilized discount potential over at the guitar factory? I could even throw in a chorus of begging or whinning, if that is helpful...

Captcha is a total pain in the........

Hey John,

It looks like there is no new guitar for either of us in those pages of busses, cross walks, and swearing at computers....Damn!

Would it help to pursuade your "Family Member"/ designer at PRS, if you had more people wanting to get access to his under utilized discount potential over at the guitar factory? I could even throw in a chorus of begging or whinning, if that is helpful...

john of MT

Full Access

He told me a few years ago there is no employee discount. Even if there was and he could pass it on to me it's just as well... As it is, I've got a nice stable of guitars, each deserving a better player than I am. Still... the PRS instruments and amps are lust-worthy.

A story (or two). A few decades ago I lived a few blocks from Paul Reed Smith's boyhood home in MD. A few years after that PRS himself recruited my BIL from Dallas to come work at the MD factory. Then when I moved to my current location near Missoula, MT, the guy that owned the guitar shop I did all my business with turned out to be a former bandmate of PRS.

It all makes me think I'm fated to have one of those guitars.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins

He told me a few years ago there is no employee discount. Even if there was and he could pass it on to me it's just as well... As it is, I've got a nice stable of guitars, each deserving a better player than I am. Still... the PRS instruments and amps are lust-worthy.

A story (or two). A few decades ago I lived a few blocks from Paul Reed Smith's boyhood home in MD. A few years after that PRS himself recruited my BIL from Dallas to come work at the MD factory. Then when I moved to my current location near Missoula, MT, the guy that owned the guitar shop I did all my business with turned out to be a former bandmate of PRS.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins

snojones

Full Access

Bump

Bump

RossPRS24

Full Access

Hey...sorry to hear.....I get this once in a while. To me, it sounds like you have some sort of virus or malware onboard. Have you run a scan?

Just imo...........

Hey...sorry to hear.....I get this once in a while. To me, it sounds like you have some sort of virus or malware onboard. Have you run a scan?

Just imo...........

matonanjin2

You guys will love this! I haven't been here for a while. In fact, I think that I failed to log off a few days ago when I shut down the computer. I'm here today reading this thread and was sent to the Captch screen!

Originally Posted by: john

john

John, one can not argue with the signs, with the evidence. You are fated (btw, I only believe in these when it is consistant with my wants )

You guys will love this! I haven't been here for a while. In fact, I think that I failed to log off a few days ago when I shut down the computer. I'm here today reading this thread and was sent to the Captch screen!

Originally Posted by: john

john

John, one can not argue with the signs, with the evidence. You are fated (btw, I only believe in these when it is consistant with my wants )

hsnoeckx

Worst off all, the captcha doesn't seem to stop the Bots posting theyre garbage here anyway, like I already said before ; put a 2 day or more waiting time in here for new just registered users, not full acces users.

These bots or anoying pain in the a.. s people just register, put there stuff on the forum and unregister again, the thing they don't like is that somebody would trace the email they used so they are not going to wait for 2 days to put that garbage in and no more need for that stupid captcha thing.

The only problem? GT admin doesn't seem to listen to this

Worst off all, the captcha doesn't seem to stop the Bots posting theyre garbage here anyway, like I already said before ; put a 2 day or more waiting time in here for new just registered users, not full acces users.

These bots or anoying pain in the a.. s people just register, put there stuff on the forum and unregister again, the thing they don't like is that somebody would trace the email they used so they are not going to wait for 2 days to put that garbage in and no more need for that stupid captcha thing.

The only problem? GT admin doesn't seem to listen to this

djlegge1972

Full Access

It is very annoying, it keeps coming up for me when I use Firefox but never (so far) for Safari.

Surely they could just store a cookie so you only have to do it once...Asking multiple times on the same machine is unforgivable...

It is very annoying, it keeps coming up for me when I use Firefox but never (so far) for Safari.

Surely they could just store a cookie so you only have to do it once...Asking multiple times on the same machine is unforgivable...