Famous Riffs

rickymurphy
rickymurphy
02/09/2021 10:12 pm

I just discovered the Famous Riffs-section, and I am really happy surprised!

Taking 1 progression or riff and explain it into detail, I find it great.

I do find it a shame there's no Famous Solos-section.

Hopefully adding this to the site can be considered by GT?

Thanks!

# 1
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
02/23/2021 4:25 pm

There's not much point in being able to ask questions to the GT staff, if they don't get answered ...

Ricky

# 2
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
02/24/2021 6:43 pm

Hi Ricky!

That's a really fun idea. There are many iconic solos I can think of for something like that. I'll pass this idea on and see if we can do it someday. It would be a pretty big project. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
02/24/2021 8:53 pm

My vote is if the instructor's time is taken teaching iconic solo, I'd rather they used that time on whole song lesson as they usually include the solos anyway?

# 4
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
02/25/2021 3:52 pm

Hi Tinpan,

when you watch the Famous Riffs section, you will notice that these riffs are taught REALLY in close detail. So there is more time spent into explaining the riffs up and close.

I find that a great bonus.

Also, the one doesn't exclude the other. For example, You Shook Me All Night Long is teached perfectly by Mike as a complete song lesson, but Anders does explain the main riff again, this time really doing it in detail. I find that a great bonus and addition.

When you watch the solo from The Final Countdown (the song lesson), you will notice the way the solo is played during the fast arpeggio sequences, sounds nice, but it isn't the way Europe played it (slow the solo down and take a listen, you will know what I mean). An up and close take on a Famous Solos section for this solo would be great for this.

I find the Famous Riffs section fantastic and if GT would add a Famous Solos section, that would make Guitar Tricks even better than it already is!

- Ricky

# 5
Rodney M
Full Access
Rodney M
Full Access
02/25/2021 7:53 pm

I hate to be a "Tuning" nazi, I just watched the Hey Joe Riff, now either the tuning, intonation or the strings on the Strat being used are not right. I retune any guitar I am using after every couple of songs, because I have hot hands and the warmth from my hands affects individual strings and flattens them, when I put the Guitar down and the environment is cold the strings will sharpen a little as they cool down. The Hey Joe vid was for me a turn off. :)

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.