Advice on starting a youtube music channel

Guitar Tricks Forum > The Musician's Life > Advice on starting a youtube music channel

jimcroisannt

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the guitar but I've been thinking about making a Youtube account to document my learning process and get in the habit of posting regularly. I'm hoping that, once I'm able to play a lot better, I can post videos of me playing different songs on a weekly basis. I'm not too concerned about my videos getting lots of views while I'm still learning the basics, but I'd obviously like them to once I start playing more seriously.

So I though I'd go ahead and gather some info on making a successful Youtube music channel. Do any of you have tips on getting your music out there with Youtube?

Cheers,

Jim

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the guitar but I've been thinking about making a Youtube account to document my learning process and get in the habit of posting regularly. I'm hoping that, once I'm able to play a lot better, I can post videos of me playing different songs on a weekly basis. I'm not too concerned about my videos getting lots of views while I'm still learning the basics, but I'd obviously like them to once I start playing more seriously.

So I though I'd go ahead and gather some info on making a successful Youtube music channel. Do any of you have tips on getting your music out there with Youtube?

Cheers,

Jim

Guitar Tricks Admin

Full Access

Hi jimcroisannt,

My only advice to you is, to do it, and be consistent! That means one new video per week, at the least!

Goodluck.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.

Hi jimcroisannt,

My only advice to you is, to do it, and be consistent! That means one new video per week, at the least!

Goodluck.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.