No sound on chrome while using AmpliTube

maxisix
maxisix
04/11/2018 12:11 am

Hey guys, i bought a Behringer UM2 and want to play and watch videos on guitartricks.com in the same time. My OS is Windows 10 and it seems like there's a problem with the ASIO technologie. Do you guys have any idea of what i can do to be able to play and watch video in the same time ?

# 1
Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
04/12/2018 7:14 am

It's fine. Actually, part of the ASIO driver's function is to not have any interferring sounds coming from your Windows or whatever operating system you are running your PC on. That's the reason why it mutes the other sounds that might end up on the recording.

You can, depending on the Software you use, tell the driver to be released as soon as you leave the program you are recording in.

You can check if there is such a function in the program you are using.

Lukas

Limits are selfmade. Break beyond them!

www.meridirhproductions.com | Too old to learn multiple instruments? Let's put it to a test...

Guitar: Started January 2016

Styles/Genres I am currently studying:

- Classical Guitar

- Latin Style (Flamenco, Soleares)

- Folk Style (Pop, Celtic, Irish, Gypsi)

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz

# 2
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
05/02/2018 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: maxisix

Hey guys, i bought a Behringer UM2 and want to play and watch videos on guitartricks.com in the same time. My OS is Windows 10 and it seems like there's a problem with the ASIO technologie. Do you guys have any idea of what i can do to be able to play and watch video in the same time ?

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do this if you used a line 6 pod or a behringer V Amp instead and plugged your laptop in through the auxiliary port.

# 3
rsg.gill
rsg.gill
03/08/2019 3:58 pm

Maxisix,

Did you ever figure this out? I thought it might be fun to play through Amplitube (via the iRig HD 2) while working on GT videos but I haven't been able to solve the problem yet. I tried the Steiberg multi-client ASIO program last night but no joy yet.

# 4
michaelpears
michaelpears
07/16/2020 10:27 am

Hi maxisix,

I can advise you to start cleaning your entire registry from garbage using registry cleaner windows. Then download the driver update program and update all drivers to new versions and restart your computer. If this doesn't help, go to the Google Chrome settings and find the ""sound settings"" in this tab, make sure that you have a check mark on ""play Google chrome sounds"" and restart the browser. If this doesn't help, just reinstall the browser from the official site and use the latest version.

# 5
davem_or
Full Access
davem_or
Full Access
11/04/2022 1:40 am
#0 Originally Posted by: maxisix

Years ago I tried to do what you're doing and had no luck. I got bored with the effort and just went with an external amp modeler. If someone posts a solution I would consider trying again but it's just so easy using the external device.

# 6
davem_or
Full Access
davem_or
Full Access
11/04/2022 1:42 am
#6 Originally Posted by: davem_or

Years ago I tried to do what you're doing and had no luck. I got bored with the effort and just went with an external amp modeler. If someone posts a solution I would consider trying again but it's just so easy using the external device.

lol

This forum is screwed up. Can't delete. Can't edit. It shows me posts from two years ago when I tell it to display new posts.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.