TC Electronics Hall of Fame 2 effect pedal

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
08/25/2019 8:05 pm

Can someone please help? I've been shunned by TC Electronics and obviously extremely disappointed by their ignoring me. My one and only issue with this pedal is to obtain the nice classic 1960s era Fender amp spring reverb effect....even a 3-4 level.....but with zero delay setting and responsiveness!! Christopher did try to help me on this but it hasn't helped and another person recommended another reverb effect pedal.........which would make it 4 pedals I've tried to simply get responsive nice authentic sounding reverb from my two amps without this key reverb feature. I do not wish to continue shelling out big bucks for reverb. I merely want this pedal to act like the reverb channel of say a 1966 Fender Pro Reverb or Super as advertised and not deliver a fraction of a second delay....which is all this Hall of Fame 2 pedal does and just messes up all my timing to the point where I play electric guitar totally dry and bypass the reverb. Please help!! Jim

# 1
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
09/15/2019 8:48 am

Hi Stratmanjimbo,

I know it's not the answer you are hoping for but it sounds to me like the reverb tone you are chasing is only going to come from a tube driven reverb unit.

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/15/2019 2:27 pm
Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

My one and only issue with this pedal is to obtain the nice classic 1960s era Fender amp spring reverb effect....even a 3-4 level.....but with zero delay setting and responsiveness!!

[p]Hey, Jim.

I remember you posting about this earlier. I think you said you bought it new right? It sounds to me like it's either flawed or just doesn't do what you want it to do.

Either way the best solution is to send it back for a refund! Or just sell it. Go to a local store & try some reverb pedals until you find something that does exactly what you want.

It's very difficult to diagnose or demonstrate what might be wrong with a pedal or how it's supposed to function, versus what you want it to do without being in the same room with the device. It's practically impossible in a forum post!

Life is too short & there's no reason for you to fight with a pedal that doesn't do what you want. Return it. Go find something that does what you want! And that means go try it yourself. Play some pedals & hear it first hand. Don't rely on what you read on the web or hear in a YouTube video.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.