Jump / Van Halen & Hold The Line / Toto with my Band JUMP!

wolbai
wolbai
06/03/2012 7:27 pm
Hi GuitarTricks members,

below you'll find two rehearsal recordings from my Band JUMP! (8-tracks recording - drums with one mic). The Recordings are done in ONE Take - no fake, with some mixing afterwords.

The Van Halen Guitar Solo is really a challenge for the whole band - tricky beat and awesome soloing. It took a while for us to make it smooth. The keyboarder and I nearly have broken our fingers some how :-)

For the Van Halen Soloing a use a hair tie which is settled directly behind the fretboard. I overdraw the hair tie directly before the solo on the fretboard. This helps to reduce unwanted dissonances, because the Solo is in Bb-Minor and therefore slightly hitting the open strings is causing very dissonant tunes.

On the Hold the Line Solo, there are very wide vibratos (which I am still working on ...) I like that solo very much. At the end of the solo I am using a Pitch Harmonizer for the polyphonic guitar licks.

Hold The Line / Toto:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11547124&q=hi&newref=1

Jump / Van Halen:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11683324&q=hi&newref=1

Enjoy listening, wolbai.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/07/2012 7:25 pm
Nice!

Thanks for sharing.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
jimbob53
Full Access
jimbob53
Full Access
06/11/2012 10:32 am
Sounds good to me. I think your on the right track.
# 3
wolbai
wolbai
06/11/2012 7:16 pm
Hi,

great that you like it!

The intonation of the Vocals is sometimes bad :-( But the recording was ONE Take. I guess we will re record some vocal tracks.

I am using a flanger and a chorus for the Van Halen guitar in my signal chain.

It would be great for me if anybody could share his effect chain for that type of guitar sound. Any suggestions are welcome.

All the best, wolbai.
# 4
kopilengket26
kopilengket26
03/17/2020 6:32 pm

sorry. I can't open you URL , would you help me pls

thank you

Originally Posted by: wolbaiHi GuitarTricks members,[br][br]below you'll find two rehearsal recordings from my Band JUMP! (8-tracks recording - drums with one mic). The Recordings are done in ONE Take - no fake, with some mixing afterwords.[br][br]The Van Halen Guitar Solo is really a challenge for the whole band - tricky beat and awesome soloing. It took a while for us to make it smooth. The keyboarder and I nearly have broken our fingers some how :-)[br][br]For the Van Halen Soloing a use a hair tie which is settled directly behind the fretboard. I overdraw the hair tie directly before the solo on the fretboard. This helps to reduce unwanted dissonances, because the Solo is in Bb-Minor and therefore slightly hitting the open strings is causing very dissonant tunes.[br][br]On the Hold the Line Solo, there are very wide vibratos (which I am still working on ...) I like that solo very much. At the end of the solo I am using a Pitch Harmonizer for the polyphonic guitar licks. [br][br]Hold The Line / Toto:[br][br]http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11547124&q=hi&newref=1[br][br][br]Jump / Van Halen:[br][br]http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11683324&q=hi&newref=1[br][br][br]Enjoy listening, wolbai.

# 5
Frizzy Totay
Frizzy Totay
03/18/2020 9:30 am

Not opening for me either. I'm guessing that as the OP is from 2012, these have since been taken down.

# 6
Herman10
Herman10
03/19/2020 12:13 am

can't open either, probably taken down for copy right reasons, soundclick normally accepts only original songs, no covers.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.