Digitech RP80

heknowsnothing
heknowsnothing
09/24/2005 3:02 pm
This is my first review so I hope it's good.

Price: £79.00 (UK) from gear4music.com
Pros: It has lots of funtions. Not only does it have the effects but it has a built in tuner and drum machine. This one has an expression pedal also to control a chosen effect. It is very easy to use and the instruction manual is easy to follow. Make sure you read them first thought. It's effects incude phaser, flanger, wah, yaya, chorus, delay. So many. It's a brilliant pedal for people new to guitar who don't quite know which pedals to buy.
Cons: It's body is made of plastic and probably isn't good enought to gig with. It has a tiny LCD screen which can only display 2 characters on. Most of the buttons control more than one effect, hence reading the instructions first. Some of the effects can be distorted and you have to play around a bit to get them to sound good.
Summary: If this is your first pedal, you will be impressed. It is very hard to choose which ones to spend your money on. You don't want loads of pedals at first. It is very easy to use, but this one probably doesn't appeal to the non-newbies.
Im not ok. Im not okhayhay. Im not ok.
Im not O f****n K.
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
09/27/2005 6:41 am
I've always gone the individual pedal route, but I was still impressed by my RP-100. It's not a solve-all solution, but it is versatile, convenient, and a great value. I got mine a couple of years ago, and since, this whole line has gotten even better and cheaper. Some models now come with artist presets, yet all of them have a community patch library, for like a manual download if you will (since you still have to dial the knobs to the specified settings), of approximations of other tones and artists.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.