NUX OD- 3 Overdrive pedal

manXcat
manXcat
01/20/2020 1:36 am

Works well on either 9v battery or external DC power. Input is 9v DC - centre polarity. Internal battery is super portable and convenient for single pedal deployment, but you'll want a single wall wart or multi PSU for frequent use.

[u]What’s in the box?[/u]

The pedal comes supplied in attractive robust retail packaging with an individual serial number and online counterfeit checking scratchable hologram number reveal. Inside you find the pedal in a tape sealed plastic bag with an instruction phamplet and a NUX sticker. In domestic markets a 9v alkaline battery will also be included, but international sellers most frequently remove this to avoid risk of uplift acceptance refusal and return due to international air shipping regulation restrictions. IME sellers who do so will state it up front.

It has been one of my more frequently used pedals for the tones it produces, especially before I bought my most recent amps. Highly recommended for those looking for the warm vintage edge of breakup and overdriven valve tone.

Demo here.

[br]Couple of comparisons here and here.

[u]Summary[/u]

Ibanez Tube Screamer in all but name for less than USD$20inc vs an Ibanez TS9 at around USD$110exc, with the TS008 even dearer at around USD$170.

Affordable to everybody. Does the job without frills, fuss or need to refinance the house.

What’s not to like?

manX

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.