Wireless Transmitter Receiver

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/29/2019 8:32 pm

I decided to try out a set of wireless adapters. These are 2.4ghz units. Sell for $200 CAD. Less $25 gift card.

I can hear no difference between these and cables. I have to say, it certainly is nice to be free of cables under foot which is why I bought them.

Not much else to say really other than I wish I had bought these sooner.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 1
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
06/30/2019 4:37 am

Nice gadget.

Appreciate you have bought yours for use at home where you'll likely never be further than a few metres away and in the same room, but have you had the opportunity to try it out :

(i) At range; or,

(ii) With other significant other electronic components about or 2.4Ghz wif-fi band (typ. router etc, TV boxes, etc) around, for cross signal interference?

(iii) Zero latency?

That Xvive U2 system is a similar price here Will MG. AUD$199 inc. shipping. Half a dozen recent reviews on the site of a seller I use frequently all awarding it 5 /5 stars. And although moderated, they do permit 1 star reviews and less than flattering testimonials where submitted within reason absent of bad mannered behaviour or abuse.

Typ. e.g. "This thing is awesome!.. Sounds great, no dropouts.. I use an extension cable and hook it on my strap. Works fantastic.. Great customer service from xxxxxx also!" (posted April 2019)

And I like that custom Tele too. What's the Fender neck pickup with the odd 3+3 stepped pole placement?

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/30/2019 12:29 pm

No. I haven't done any testing of any kind. But now that I have one I am glad I made the purchase.

I read this review before buying however

Review

Now for the bad news. Because you are free with these I got up and was walking to the other side of the room with my guitar still strapped around me and wouldn't you know it, that's when the strap decided to let go. So today I have a repair to attempt.

# 3
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
06/30/2019 1:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Will.

Although it doesn't help with other than empathy, I can well imagine the emotion you felt and words you had with yourself at the time.

Presumably you know about Schaller strap locks?

# 4
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
06/30/2019 1:55 pm

And...P.P.S.

If it makes you feel 'in good company', last night I attempted to fit a new capacitance screen to my wife's smartphone. Things didn't go quite according to plan. Upon booting up, the capacitance screen worked fine, but I must have bent the display removing it during the process as it lit up with two very apparent diagonal cracks and two black spots. Grrrr!

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
06/30/2019 6:52 pm

Hehe, appreciate the condolences manX.

She ain't pretty but then neither am I. Believe it or not it still works. I can buy a replacement but as long as it works and still meets the original objective I am not spending the $120 for a new transmitter.

Its almost as bad as fixing a bike track side lol! Bubble gum and duct tape just to get back ok the track!

I will just put it in my pocket while playing.

And I have no idea what is going on with this website. It does not like images.

# 6
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
06/30/2019 10:58 pm

Yes. I had some bizzare things happening with my attempted post yesterday when I tried to insert an image in that post where I referred to having to re-edit it a zillion times.

[br]Re the 'Xvive incident'. The way I look at it when stuff like that happens to me now, is it's a 'dealing with imperfection' test/tutorial for inherently perfectionistic types like you and me.

Edit: Speak of 'the Devil'. Oh man...when I inserted an image into this post before this edit, despite checking it before posting with the Preview Post button, this buggy forum wiped out 50% of my posted text and all emoticons when it actually posted. Grrrr!

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.