50s Blues

dean.pachano
Full Access
dean.pachano
Full Access
05/16/2019 4:48 pm

This is such a great program. Anders is an excellent teacher and inspires me.

I'm in my 50s and I am finding that I love the Blues style more than others - I thought it was going to be Rock but I'm being drawn to the Blues technique. I'm putting hours in each day and making great progress.

Are there any resources out there to meet other people to practice with (regional boards or something)? It's getting lonely practicing alone all the time.

:)

-dean

# 1
emanya73
emanya73
05/16/2019 8:38 pm

Hi Dean, nice to meet you. I'm new here too. I was wondering the same thing (about finding local people to practice with).

Emily

# 2
exeareohkay
Full Access
exeareohkay
Full Access
05/19/2019 5:30 am

In almost any music store there's a bulletin board where people looking for gigs, or seeking band members, post notices:

Check those out. You might find a note from someone looking for the same thing you are.

Or, post your own. Lots of people who frequent the guitar shops are right where you are, looking for people to play and improve with. A note from you at your local Guitar Center might introduce you to those folks. And who knows where that might lead?

My best...

# 3
dean.pachano
Full Access
dean.pachano
Full Access
05/19/2019 7:31 am
Originally Posted by: PhxSon

In almost any music store there's a bulletin board where people looking for gigs, or seeking band members, post notices:

Check those out. You might find a note from someone looking for the same thing you are.

Or, post your own. Lots of people who frequent the guitar shops are right where you are, looking for people to play and improve with. A note from you at your local Guitar Center might introduce you to those folks. And who knows where that might lead?

My best...

Great idea - going to take this route and see what happens. Thanks!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.