Beginner trying hard.

Guitar Tricks Forum > Introduction Forum > Beginner trying hard.

bodyandsol1

Full Access

Okay look I just had a birthday and this a bucket list item to play and sing. Right now I sing better than I play. Love following Lisa almost everyday 30+ minutes. I'm working hard and can't wait till I can play full country songs. Been on the site about a month and being patient! Thanks everyone for the encouragment to stay the course.

Okay look I just had a birthday and this a bucket list item to play and sing. Right now I sing better than I play. Love following Lisa almost everyday 30+ minutes. I'm working hard and can't wait till I can play full country songs. Been on the site about a month and being patient! Thanks everyone for the encouragment to stay the course.

faith83

Peace, Love & John Denver

Welcome! And very happy to have another country singer/player on this forum! I occasionally feel a little like the oddball practicing my John Denver and Emmylou Harris songs while everyone else is learning metal and hard rock riffs.

I, too, currently sing much better than I play, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can do both equally well.

Enjoy the journey and play on!

"You can get what you want or you can just get old." Billy Joel

Welcome! And very happy to have another country singer/player on this forum! I occasionally feel a little like the oddball practicing my John Denver and Emmylou Harris songs while everyone else is learning metal and hard rock riffs.

I, too, currently sing much better than I play, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can do both equally well.

Enjoy the journey and play on!

mjgodin

Full Access

Welcome aboard, fellow country lover/ player here myself. Like Faith says not too many, but that's ok. There's plenty of resources on the site. After you finish Fundamentals, Anders teaches a Country Style track which might be of interest to you.

Good Luck,

Moe

Welcome aboard, fellow country lover/ player here myself. Like Faith says not too many, but that's ok. There's plenty of resources on the site. After you finish Fundamentals, Anders teaches a Country Style track which might be of interest to you.

Good Luck,

Moe

bodyandsol1

Full Access

Thank you. It seems my voice is better suited toward country. George strait songs are my favs.

Thank you. It seems my voice is better suited toward country. George strait songs are my favs.

faith83

Peace, Love & John Denver

Originally Posted by: bodyandsol1

You can't go wrong with George Strait.

Originally Posted by: bodyandsol1

You can't go wrong with George Strait.

SusanMW

Full Access

Welcome!

I am envious of your singing skills. I do not sing but am hoping to learn some basics along the way as I just want to hold simple tune's. I am not a Country person but I do love some of the songs in the library here in the Country section. (I hope to be a fingerstyle player someday!)

It is a great time to learn guitar...I also started around my birthday this year.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

Welcome!

I am envious of your singing skills. I do not sing but am hoping to learn some basics along the way as I just want to hold simple tune's. I am not a Country person but I do love some of the songs in the library here in the Country section. (I hope to be a fingerstyle player someday!)

It is a great time to learn guitar...I also started around my birthday this year.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

bodyandsol1

Full Access

Oh I love most music. I love to sing and dance, sometimes at the same time. It just seems natural to play a guitar and sing. Not just country but other music too. Practice and patience someone said. Good advice.

Oh I love most music. I love to sing and dance, sometimes at the same time. It just seems natural to play a guitar and sing. Not just country but other music too. Practice and patience someone said. Good advice.

dustinrippetoe916

Full Access

Not sure if you like bluegrass or the older style country music. You should check out Billie Strings, hes extremely good at guitar too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-T2qTLF6o&ab_channel=BillyStrings

I myself like all forms of music. Welcome to guitar tricks. Great instructors here man. I'm new as well. Only been on here a couple weeks. I use to play as a kid and took lessons but sold all my guitars at one point. Now I'm 27 and decided to pick the guitar back up. Extremely dissapointed I sold all my guitars. I have a yamaha acoustic that my girlfriend gave to me. Better than nothing.

Not sure if you like bluegrass or the older style country music. You should check out Billie Strings, hes extremely good at guitar too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-T2qTLF6o&ab_channel=BillyStrings

I myself like all forms of music. Welcome to guitar tricks. Great instructors here man. I'm new as well. Only been on here a couple weeks. I use to play as a kid and took lessons but sold all my guitars at one point. Now I'm 27 and decided to pick the guitar back up. Extremely dissapointed I sold all my guitars. I have a yamaha acoustic that my girlfriend gave to me. Better than nothing.

mjgodin

Full Access

Originally Posted by: dustinrippetoe916

Well your still young enough so you got plenty of time to get back into it and maybe make a career out of it.

Billy Strings is amazing. Another player on here and I wrote a thread on him and Molly Tuttle. They are exceptional Bluegrass guitar players. I enjoy a variety of music myself, but Bluegrass is somewhat new to me and catching on quickly. Was into 70's/80's rock when I was younger and still do once in a while, but now I listen to mostly country both old and new. The old stuff is better though. Strait, Haggard, Cash and Williams really set the bar.

Moe

Well your still young enough so you got plenty of time to get back into it and maybe make a career out of it.

Billy Strings is amazing. Another player on here and I wrote a thread on him and Molly Tuttle. They are exceptional Bluegrass guitar players. I enjoy a variety of music myself, but Bluegrass is somewhat new to me and catching on quickly. Was into 70's/80's rock when I was younger and still do once in a while, but now I listen to mostly country both old and new. The old stuff is better though. Strait, Haggard, Cash and Williams really set the bar.

Moe

dustinrippetoe916

Full Access

Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Moe

Yea for sure. Trouble for me is finding motivation. I really love playing guitar actually. I have trouble finding motivation to do anything lately. I'm trying my hardest to tell myself to practice at least an hour a day after work. Whether it be on Guitar Tricks or even learning a song on Ultimate Guitar.

I like all old country for the most part. Country is definitely not my favorite type of music, but the old stuff is pretty cool. Since I started picking up the guitar again I've been really into old school blues. Muddy Watters, Robert Johnson, Timmy Johnson, Gary BB. Coleman and all them. It might be one of my favorite genres now to honest. I really enoy playing Blues as well.

Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Moe

Yea for sure. Trouble for me is finding motivation. I really love playing guitar actually. I have trouble finding motivation to do anything lately. I'm trying my hardest to tell myself to practice at least an hour a day after work. Whether it be on Guitar Tricks or even learning a song on Ultimate Guitar.

I like all old country for the most part. Country is definitely not my favorite type of music, but the old stuff is pretty cool. Since I started picking up the guitar again I've been really into old school blues. Muddy Watters, Robert Johnson, Timmy Johnson, Gary BB. Coleman and all them. It might be one of my favorite genres now to honest. I really enoy playing Blues as well.