vinnie from cali

vince.smith
vince.smith
10/18/2020 5:37 pm

hi gang!

hitting the wrong string is a big prtoblem for me. does anyone have any exercises that could help with string accuracy

# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/19/2020 5:04 pm
Originally Posted by: vince.smith

hi gang!

hitting the wrong string is a big prtoblem for me. does anyone have any exercises that could help with string accuracy

I once had said to someone lamenting learning guitar and his inaccuracy as a beginner; how many balls must you drop before you consider yourself a juggler?

The key behind that answer is that there is no shortcut to practicing and as the natural outgrowth of practicing is improved accuracy.

With that being said, your best bet is to do things slowly. It can be seemingly frustrating to just drill on a single chord to be sure that you're strumming the right strings. A good example of a hard chord to strum 'right' is the D Major (open D) chord. It's only the first four strings (1-4) and it's easy to hit that open A (and I often do anyway, even now). The key is to just focus on one thing and get comfortable with that. Guitar is all about building blocks. What you do now will always be with you.

Take your time and focus on just working out those things you are most challenged with. The online lessons are built to keep you progressing. However, if you indentify something you think is a weakness, take some time and drill on that a bit until you're more confortable.

I've said this many times over the years here on this old forum (enough where there's gotta be a few eyerolls); I've been playing for decades but know there's always things to learn and when I'm in uncharted territory, I do the very thing I just told you.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.