Hi Everyone

Dave Johnston
Dave Johnston
10/20/2020 8:24 am

I have been playing way too long and should be a lot better. I've found GT the best course so far. Love Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Bad Company - all the good rock & roll and blues. I look forward to progressing with everyone.

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/20/2020 10:37 am

Welcome Dave!

I agree, this is the best site.

I think you will really like the song library. It's so helpful to have every step of the song explained and played through. I'm sure you will like the Rock and Blue's courses, too. I've dabbled in the Acoustic 1 course but I'm really just still in Fundamentals 1. Just getting the hang of chord changes. Seems like a slow process, but I'm determined and in no hurry. :)

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2
Dave Johnston
Dave Johnston
10/22/2020 9:21 pm

Thanks Susan,

I'm also going through the fundamentals as it is good revision but when I've completed the fundamentals I'll certainly be goinf through the blues and rock lessons. So far I've enjoyed the course and I think I'm in love with Lisa McCormick.

# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/23/2020 6:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Dave Johnston

Thanks Susan,

I'm also going through the fundamentals as it is good revision but when I've completed the fundamentals I'll certainly be goinf through the blues and rock lessons. So far I've enjoyed the course and I think I'm in love with Lisa McCormick.

It can't hurt to work through the Fundementals courses.

I've been playing for a very long time (decades) but way back when I joined Guitar Tricks, and even though I really was not anywhere near a beginner, I went through chunks of the Fundementals. I was self taught until then and did pretty darned well with being able to play in a semi-advanced way despite my knowledge shortcomings. But I hated having shortcomings and feeling somewhat like a fraud for not knowing what it was that I was playing.

I also noticed that the knowledge gap placed something of a ceiling on my progression. My knowledge, or lack thereof, boxed my in. It still does to a degree (but much less). Going back and picking up a couple of basics I sought out in the Fundementals courses to fill in some gaps, that helped build a stronger foundation since.

So yep, good on ya for looking back though the basics. It will help. Good luck!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.