Peter

Peter Nixon
Peter Nixon
10/22/2020 9:19 am

Good Morning

Having tried a few different online courses, I have, at last arrived where I need to be!

I'm newly retired & have enough to keep me going until I die!

My goal is to become proficient in playing the blues & I'm working through part one.

It would be great to have suggestions of the songs to learn to accompany each group of lessons. In the past, I have tried to learn things way beyond my skill levels so a suggestion of a couple of songs would give me a way to put it all together.

Thanks a lot

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/25/2020 3:04 am

Maybe others will have song suggetions for you, but I just wanted to say Welcome!

Congrats on your retirement. I'm sure you'll love it here. The Blues lessons look awesome.

You may want to try (if you haven't already) to search under Songs and click Sort and Filter. There you are able to search by Style/Genre and also by Skill Level. Just click on Blues and Beginner and it will show you the easiest lessons. Maybe check some of the Intro's out to a few songs that interest you and see if they match what you're learning about it the lessons.

Hope that helps some.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2
manXcat
manXcat
10/25/2020 3:48 am

G'day Peter

In your PC's browser, click on the SONGS button at the top of the Guitar Tricks page adjacent the Guitartricks.com logo.

When the Songs page loads, select the Sort and Filter button. It's at the right of five sub-menu buttons immediately below the Songs header.

[br]Select Blues from the buttons which present and click it.

In the right below it you will see a filter by difficulty filter from absolute beginner to advanced. Difficulty is graphically represented iconically adjacent by an incrementally increasing difficulty ranking.

e.g. beginner is graphically denoted iconically by two picks, easy by three picks and so on.

Choose one you think will be a fit for you, and choose from the list of songs which present & see how you go.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.