60 year old beginner...

Guitar Tricks Forum > Introduction Forum > 60 year old beginner...

lindsay1jocko

Full Access

Hi guy/gals...I had a guitar when I was 11 years old but never learned...it's been my 1 life's regret. Looking forward to playing some tunes now that I'm slowing down...watch out AC/DC...lol

Hi guy/gals...I had a guitar when I was 11 years old but never learned...it's been my 1 life's regret. Looking forward to playing some tunes now that I'm slowing down...watch out AC/DC...lol

SusanMW

Full Access

Welcome!

So glad that you are beginning this journey. It is a fun one!

I wanted to learn when I was little but never had the opportunity or the confidence. Now all of a sudden I seem to have both. A whole world has been opened up to me now. :)

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

Welcome!

So glad that you are beginning this journey. It is a fun one!

I wanted to learn when I was little but never had the opportunity or the confidence. Now all of a sudden I seem to have both. A whole world has been opened up to me now. :)

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

jsharkey9

Full Access

I'm a 76 yr old beginner:) I always wanted to play a musical instrument and now I do. It was on my bucket list;)

I'm a 76 yr old beginner:) I always wanted to play a musical instrument and now I do. It was on my bucket list;)

manXcat

♪It's getting better all the time♫

Originally Posted by: lindsay1jocko

Looking forward to playing some tunes now that I'm slowing down...watch out AC/DC...lol

You'll be playing the iconic intro riff to "Back In Black" before you know it!

♪A little better all the time♫

Looking forward to playing some tunes now that I'm slowing down...watch out AC/DC...lol

You'll be playing the iconic intro riff to "Back In Black" before you know it!

♪A little better all the time♫

faith83

Peace, Love & John Denver

Welcome! You've come to the right place.

"You can get what you want or you can just get old." Billy Joel

Welcome! You've come to the right place.

"You can get what you want or you can just get old." Billy Joel

chugo

Full Access

Me too! I collected guitars for years but never learned to play. I was teaching myself chords, theory, trying to read the music all at once. I may not be musically inclined but I'm not giving up. It's number one on my bucket list. So, I bought an acoustic and here I am. Nice to meet you all!

Me too! I collected guitars for years but never learned to play. I was teaching myself chords, theory, trying to read the music all at once. I may not be musically inclined but I'm not giving up. It's number one on my bucket list. So, I bought an acoustic and here I am. Nice to meet you all!

tstir401

Full Access

I too in my early 60's and just signed up for this course. It's good to have people with similar ages and backgrounds. Best Regards, Tom.

I too in my early 60's and just signed up for this course. It's good to have people with similar ages and backgrounds. Best Regards, Tom.

fplambert

Full Access

I am a 78 year old beginner with a 9 golf handicap. Guitar is really hard for one with ZERO musical ability BUT, just like golf, the only way to get better is to practice. Now I just have to make sure I don't cut my guitar practice short and go play golf.

I am a 78 year old beginner with a 9 golf handicap. Guitar is really hard for one with ZERO musical ability BUT, just like golf, the only way to get better is to practice. Now I just have to make sure I don't cut my guitar practice short and go play golf.

davebayer32

Full Access

I understand where you are coming from. I’m a 57-year old (kind of) beginner. I tried back in my late teen age years but never got the hang of it. When one of my son’s took guitar lessons, I tried again but only learned a few small parts of some songs before I gave it up yet again. So, now I’m here with my kids all grown up and a lot of extra time on my hands, and a lot better on-line tools to help teach guitar. I’m already seeing a lot of progress just from watching videos and stuff.

I just found this sight a few days ago and really like what I saw. We will see how it goes this time. 😊

I understand where you are coming from. I’m a 57-year old (kind of) beginner. I tried back in my late teen age years but never got the hang of it. When one of my son’s took guitar lessons, I tried again but only learned a few small parts of some songs before I gave it up yet again. So, now I’m here with my kids all grown up and a lot of extra time on my hands, and a lot better on-line tools to help teach guitar. I’m already seeing a lot of progress just from watching videos and stuff.

I just found this sight a few days ago and really like what I saw. We will see how it goes this time. 😊

matonanjin2

I really think we need some kind of filter on here to you youngsters from posting. But until that happens good luck in your learning journey!

I really think we need some kind of filter on here to you youngsters from posting. But until that happens good luck in your learning journey!