Beginner from South Africa

dean.barnard9113
dean.barnard9113
10/29/2020 2:16 pm

Hi All, I am not really new to guitar, had a couple lessons in my teen years but it was mostly classical music. Learnt a lot of intro's to songs, but never whole songs. Glad I found this site and looking forward to expanding my knowledge and understanding of this wonderfull instrument. Love Rock, Blues and Country.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/29/2020 6:47 pm

Hey there, So glad you've joined our program. Welcome! Go ahead and dive into the lessons. If you have any questions, check out this forum. It's full of new and experienced users with great advice and helpful tips. Enjoy the course!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/30/2020 9:36 am

Welcome!

That's great that you already have some experience! I love the lessons on here and I think you will really be inspired by all the Rock, Blues, and Country lessons on here. Personally, I love Acoustic fingerpicking and I'm working my way up to where I can practice that more. (I have just tried it out enough to know that I really, really love it!) I'm in the fundamentals courses and still learning to switch chords with some more speed and accuracy. (mostly accuracy, speed will come after that!)

You will love it here and all the folks who have great tips on improving your playing ability.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 3
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
10/30/2020 9:55 am
Originally Posted by: dean.barnard9113

Hi All, I am not really new to guitar, had a couple lessons in my teen years but it was mostly classical music. Learnt a lot of intro's to songs, but never whole songs. Glad I found this site and looking forward to expanding my knowledge and understanding of this wonderfull instrument. Love Rock, Blues and Country.

Hey Dean. Welcome. I used to live in South Africa (Boksburg) but been back in the UK now for 21 years.

You are going to love this site.

Best wishes

Andrew

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.