Hello from Sunderland England

AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
10/31/2020 8:34 am

Hi everyone im new to guitar tricks. I'm looking forward to the learning process. I'm into classic rock and grunge. So this site will be ideal for me. Just starting fundamentals 1 so I can't wait to progress to the rock courses.

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/31/2020 9:23 am

Welcome! You'll love it here.

Isn't it fun to know the direction you want to go after fundamentals? I'm almost ready to move onto Fundamentals 2, just trying to get some chord changes a little more accurate. But after that I can't wait to get into the Acoustics. It looks like they have some really fun lessons in the Rock courses too!

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
10/31/2020 10:50 am

you can't help where you come from.

Greetings from a little place nearby called Newcastle

actually it's Ovingham a little village up the Tyne Valley

Good luck with the continuing lessons.

Always something to be enjoying on the site and it's facebook tutorials.

FB tutorials are wide ranging but include stuff for us beginners.

# 3
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
09/27/2023 3:39 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: Susan_Montgomery

Welcome! You'll love it here.

Isn't it fun to know the direction you want to go after fundamentals? I'm almost ready to move onto Fundamentals 2, just trying to get some chord changes a little more accurate. But after that I can't wait to get into the Acoustics. It looks like they have some really fun lessons in the Rock courses too!

Hi Susan I took my eye away from the forum believe it or not I've just read your message. You must be a good player by now . It's good to have structure and not to do the guess work by using YouTube I'm finishing the rock courses and learning don't fear the reaper. 

Let me know how you getting on with your playing!!

# 4
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
09/27/2023 3:42 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

you can't help where you come from.

Greetings from a little place nearby called Newcastle

actually it's Ovingham a little village up the Tyne Valley

Good luck with the continuing lessons.

Always something to be enjoying on the site and it's facebook tutorials.

FB tutorials are wide ranging but include stuff for us beginners.

Hi ddiddler sorry for the late reply haa no you definitely can't help where you come from haa. 

I'm doing well with my lessons and can consider myself are rock guitarist now using guitar tricks and YouTube to learn my songs.

Let me know how your progressing 

# 5
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
09/27/2023 3:59 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: AD76

Hi ddiddler sorry for the late reply haa no you definitely can't help where you come from haa. 

I'm doing well with my lessons and can consider myself are rock guitarist now using guitar tricks and YouTube to learn my songs.

Let me know how your progressing 

Well I’m still here. Finding it very frustrating but suffering greatly from gas and now the owner of multiple guitars. Go to lessons twice a month and he s very much in to his classical music. He says I’m better than I give myself credit for. Working on some of the theory side and plodding away as a bedroom strummer working on any easy versions of songs I like. Now appreciate that the scorn given to the 3 chord rockers is not deserved. I jump all round on YouTube for anything guitar and get some songs from Ultimate Guitar , Sheet Musi direct and Local Hero(easy) from Soren Madsen. Had to give that one a try.

good hearing from and we’ll done to all the progress you’ve made

Dave L

# 6
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
09/27/2023 5:19 pm
#6 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

Well I’m still here. Finding it very frustrating but suffering greatly from gas and now the owner of multiple guitars. Go to lessons twice a month and he s very much in to his classical music. He says I’m better than I give myself credit for. Working on some of the theory side and plodding away as a bedroom strummer working on any easy versions of songs I like. Now appreciate that the scorn given to the 3 chord rockers is not deserved. I jump all round on YouTube for anything guitar and get some songs from Ultimate Guitar , Sheet Musi direct and Local Hero(easy) from Soren Madsen. Had to give that one a try.

good hearing from and we’ll done to all the progress you’ve made

Dave L

Hi dave great to hear your still into your guitar. I think if you stick to the basics each lessons completed is another piece added to the jigsaw and you only see the progress when you log your achievements and remind yourself what your playing was like after your first couple of months to what you play like in the present when you do this it will encourage you. Have you followed any pathways on GT like blues rock or country ill be working on the blues soon once i get rid of a minor wrist injury should be ok in a couple of weeks too much practice isn't always good haa.

# 7
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
09/28/2023 9:07 am
#7 Originally Posted by: AD76

Hi dave great to hear your still into your guitar. I think if you stick to the basics each lessons completed is another piece added to the jigsaw and you only see the progress when you log your achievements and remind yourself what your playing was like after your first couple of months to what you play like in the present when you do this it will encourage you. Have you followed any pathways on GT like blues rock or country ill be working on the blues soon once i get rid of a minor wrist injury should be ok in a couple of weeks too much practice isn't always good haa.

I’ve done both of Lisa’s fundamentals and went through again when Anders did a new version. Followed the acoustic progress. Looked at country and blues. I did look at the Rock lessons but was put off by having to rejig the style of chords to be used. I’ve learned some of the CAGED patterns for the major scales , minor pentatonic and the blues scales. Started local lessons as I felt I was getting bogged down in the technical parts but still couldn’t play a song. Watched most of Mike Olekshy workshops on YouTube channel, picking up bits and pieces as we went through. Have followed a few of his easier song lessons. House of the Rising Sun. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect was a good one to follow on acoustic. Most of the usual easy beginner recommendations. Everything is gradually improving but I would still class myself as beginner, maybe just in to Intermediate. Main thing is that I finally started in my sixties during Covid and have stayed with it. Always eyed the guitar magazines in the supermarkets but chased the urge away as a probable fad. Like many things, what if I had started earlier. Never mind, having my fun now. Good Parlour, now a good OM, classical and Epiphone Les Paul through a Fender LT25 modelling amp. Full on Got the gear, No idea. All fun and getting better bit by bit and understanding so much more

# 8
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
09/28/2023 12:43 pm
#8 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

I’ve done both of Lisa’s fundamentals and went through again when Anders did a new version. Followed the acoustic progress. Looked at country and blues. I did look at the Rock lessons but was put off by having to rejig the style of chords to be used. I’ve learned some of the CAGED patterns for the major scales , minor pentatonic and the blues scales. Started local lessons as I felt I was getting bogged down in the technical parts but still couldn’t play a song. Watched most of Mike Olekshy workshops on YouTube channel, picking up bits and pieces as we went through. Have followed a few of his easier song lessons. House of the Rising Sun. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect was a good one to follow on acoustic. Most of the usual easy beginner recommendations. Everything is gradually improving but I would still class myself as beginner, maybe just in to Intermediate. Main thing is that I finally started in my sixties during Covid and have stayed with it. Always eyed the guitar magazines in the supermarkets but chased the urge away as a probable fad. Like many things, what if I had started earlier. Never mind, having my fun now. Good Parlour, now a good OM, classical and Epiphone Les Paul through a Fender LT25 modelling amp. Full on Got the gear, No idea. All fun and getting better bit by bit and understanding so much more

Hi Dave, good to hear. You have some good equipment too. I play a fender Stratocaster and a epiphone les Paul through a 10watt marshall I own a boss me80 for effects. Yeah local lessons may be the answer as you can get better advice from a person than a video. He will also pick up on where you might be going wrong sometimes.

I've just paid GT for a lesson plan you get an email with a questionnaire and once you've sent that off you wait upto 5 days for your plan so just waiting for that . There's so many lessons on GT just focusing on what I need to do may be the best Idea.

# 9
rd5461885
rd5461885
10/29/2023 9:35 pm

Greetings, everyone! I'm a newcomer to the world of guitar tricks, and I'm eagerly anticipating the journey of learning. My musical interests lie in classic rock and grunge, so I believe this website will be the perfect fit for my preferences. I've just embarked on the fundamentals course, and I'm filled with excitement at the thought of advancing to the rock courses in the near future.

# 11
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
11/05/2023 7:57 am
#11 Originally Posted by: rd5461885

Greetings, everyone! I'm a newcomer to the world of guitar tricks, and I'm eagerly anticipating the journey of learning. My musical interests lie in classic rock and grunge, so I believe this website will be the perfect fit for my preferences. I've just embarked on the fundamentals course, and I'm filled with excitement at the thought of advancing to the rock courses in the near future.

Hi rd5461885, guitar tricks is an excellent site to learn rock I'm just finishing rock level 1. I'm enjoying the learning process being a grunge fan there's plenty of Nirvana songs to learn on GT so you're at home here ha good luck with your playing!

# 11
chemical_fusion
Full Access
chemical_fusion
Full Access
11/08/2023 11:09 am
#11 Originally Posted by: AD76

Hi rd5461885, guitar tricks is an excellent site to learn rock I'm just finishing rock level 1. I'm enjoying the learning process being a grunge fan there's plenty of Nirvana songs to learn on GT so you're at home here ha good luck with your playing!

Hi andycd44,  Nice to meet a fellow UK grundge fan, I've been asking for some Hole lessons (take that however you want lol)  would love more grunge as its one of my fave genres!   My problem is singing and playing, cant play and sing yet. 

I'm heading near the near the end of the rock 1 course too, what did you find the most difficult so far during the course ?     I'm finding this palm muting a bit hard going at the moment, but its getting a bit better everyday I try.    

# 12
AD76
Full Access
AD76
Full Access
11/08/2023 5:06 pm

Hi chemical fusion haa yes celebrity skin would be a good start they used to have Soundgarden black hole sun but it got deleted before I got the chance to learn blue Oyster cult don't fear the reaper is a good one to try out. Palm muting is something that could be easier if you just rest your the side of your hand against the bridge and slightly on your strings just a little bit of adjustment really. I'm returning to the guitar after some years away from it so I'm just going over old material really to refresh. But I'm enjoying mixing up the 3licks and brushing up on my bends and vibrato technique. There's a lot to learn on GT and Anders will have you improvise on his guitar licks . But I'm sure you will be rewarded as I have if you dig in and be patient good luck pal

# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.