Am to Em

Dave Nightcaps
Full Access
Dave Nightcaps
Full Access
06/19/2019 9:05 pm

Dear team and members

I have been working through fundamentals 1 and learning to change from Am to Em the way Lisa shows us but I unknowingly started doing a different way and gone back to the way Lisa shows us however finding it difficult getting my hand position correct .

Without any disrespect intended if the other way for me seems to work better for me is it ok to stick to that if it works or is it best to stick to what we have been shown ? thanks

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/19/2019 11:21 pm

Hi there,

Could you tell us what other way you've been playing the chords? Could you please be more specific?

Lisa may teach the chords in a "simple" version at first but that's to help you ease into learning the full chords a little later. If you're a beginner guitar player, I highly suggest working through Lisa's lesson and try not to stray too far from it, especially if you have never played guitar before, or else you may end with a mixture of ideas and it can be confusing.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Dave Nightcaps
Full Access
Dave Nightcaps
Full Access
06/20/2019 1:07 am

Hi Team

Thanks for your reply.

So basically I still leave the middle finger where it is and swing the ring finger around instead of the index finger to the 5th string 2nd frett. I started doing this by by mistake however changed back but was wondering the difference?

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.