changing chords, what's in store?

johns33031
Full Access
johns33031
Full Access
11/06/2020 9:52 pm

I've been learning the chords in fundamentals, can do barre chords one at a time, after practice I can play along imperfectly but making progress....but here is my question....if I practice and can play along, c, Am, D, E. basic tutorials with this much effort, what happens when i learn more complex and barre chords.. or new combinations of them? . Should it ever get easier to change between newly learned chords and combinations or will I have to always put so much effort in learning to change? ie, am I doomed ?

# 1
Herman10
Herman10
11/06/2020 11:48 pm

The more long you learn, the more quickly you can learn new chords and the more quickly you will get in chord changes until one day you will just change the chords without even thinking about it and even when you don't know a song and play in a band and someone calls out the chords to you on the spot.

It is like learning to type on a typewriter in the old days, first searching for the letters and then one day you can do it with your eyes closed.

# 2
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
11/08/2020 11:31 pm
Originally Posted by: johns33031

I've been learning the chords in fundamentals, can do barre chords one at a time, after practice I can play along imperfectly but making progress....but here is my question....if I practice and can play along, c, Am, D, E. basic tutorials with this much effort, what happens when i learn more complex and barre chords.. or new combinations of them? . Should it ever get easier to change between newly learned chords and combinations or will I have to always put so much effort in learning to change? ie, am I doomed ?

It does get easier but it takes time and repetition,repetition,repetition. It`s muscle memory at work. As you become more skilled, the learning curve gets shorter; meaning that when you add newer, more challenging chords later on, it won`t take as long to get them down as it did when you`re just starting out . Hang in there, put in the time and the reps and you`ll get there. It will be worth it.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.