The best concert you been to????

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/01/2005 5:12 am
i saw jethro tull fifteen years ago and went to the sound check and backstage and to the pub with them ....very fun....seen doobies...steve miller ..csn....chicago...tom petty...steely dan...boston ...floyd(without waters)...nugent...bad company ....motorhead(****ing loud)c.o.c...metallica...mercyful fate...slayer...elp...scorps...maiden..hagar..i know im forgetting something.. ;) robert plant 2 days ago...next week going to new york, paul mccartney at madison square garden..and tull (front row at carnegie hall!!)but the best was last year RUSH 30th anniversery tour 3 1/2hours with 15 minute break in the middle, those guys kick ass!!! what is your fav you been to???
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/01/2005 5:27 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpi saw jethro tull fifteen years ago and went to the sound check and backstage and to the pub with them ....very fun....seen doobies...steve miller ..csn....chicago...tom petty...boston ...floyd(without waters)...nugent...bad company ....motorhead(****ing loud)coc...metallica...mercyful fate...slayer...elp...scorps...maiden..hagar..i know im forgetting something.. ;) robert plant 2 days ago...next week going to new york, paul mccartney at madison square garden..and tull (front row at carnegie hall!!)but the best was last year RUSH 30th anniversery tour 3 1/2hours with 15 minute break in the middle, those guys kick ass!!! what is your fav you been to???

Maiden and ELP are the ones I'm most jealous of (I've seen rush, haha).
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/01/2005 5:29 am
I've been to many, but just to name a few:

-Slipknot (jaegermeister tour)
-311 (many times, but 10th anniversary show was amazing)
-Avenged Sevenfold (seen them twice already, but next saturday's show should trump all others)
-First year of Family Values Tour (Incubus, Orgy, Limp Bizkit, Rammstein, Korn).

I'll be seeing Children of Bodom and Trivium together in november. :D
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/01/2005 5:39 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709-Slipknot (jaegermeister tour)
-Avenged Sevenfold (seen them twice already, but next saturday's show should trump all others)
-First year of Family Values Tour (Incubus, Orgy, Limp Bizkit, Rammstein, Korn).

A few you could have done without. :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 4
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/01/2005 6:12 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonMaiden and ELP are the ones I'm most jealous of (I've seen rush, haha).

elp was good..the keyboardist laid on his back with his keyboard laying on his tum tum and had the keyboard facing away from him so he had to play backwards and he ripped out some bach..total madman...maiden was the powerslave tour, incredible stage show...so what was your favorite??? p.s. "giant fighting robot" kicks ass!!! :D
# 5
Cody_King
Cody_King
10/01/2005 6:26 am
Best bands i have seen live,

1# Children of Bodom, Avenged sevnfold comes next, and than probley Slayer for there stage presence, lamb of god for the mosh pit
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/01/2005 6:56 am
Supertramp in Toronto with Jean Luc Ponty as the opening act.
# 7
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/01/2005 8:31 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonA few you could have done without. :D

To hell with you, jolly! maybe u could do without, but not me! And when I'm in that pit next saturday, I'm gonna kick someones ass twice as hard just for you! hahahahah!
# 8
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
10/01/2005 5:59 pm
Being a South African...I never really saw any international bands there apart from Smashing Pumpkins, James, Jackson Browne...maybe a few more...until I got out here to England...I have since seen many bands...the best show I have seen was Greenday at Milton Keynes Bowl in June...was there biggest show ever...65000 people on both days...so thats 13000 in two days......that was the best all round show...but I think Mark Knopfler at the Royal Albert Hall was probably the best playing and all that I have seen.

Also Coheed and Cambria (seen them twice) were amazing...and Bright Eyes (also seen them twice) are amazing.
Funeral for a Friend are also really good live.

lets turn this around tho...what is the worst international,succesful band you guys have seen?

The most dissappointing I have seen is probably Finch...I love them, maybe I just saw a bad gig, but they were very dissappointing.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 9
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/01/2005 6:37 pm
Hmmm...prolly Pantera with Anthrax. Although spending New Year's Eve 2000 with ZZ Top here in Houston was quite an experience too. But like was already mentioned...so was that last Rush tour, they were flawless. But I've had fun at practically every concert I've been too, like a free Kenny Wayne Shepherd show down on the beach in Galveston. Maybe one of the most obscure concerts of note would be Leo Kottke.
As far as disappointments, the only ones that come to mind are Black Sabbath, and another particular ZZ Top show in the Astrodome (just cuz that place doesn't have very good acoustics).
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 10
rockonn91
rockonn91
10/01/2005 8:31 pm
Originally Posted by: Akira
Seeing Steve Vai this month (23rd). I can't wait. :D

mannnnn lucky.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 11
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/02/2005 1:06 am
I was working Event Staff for a company in Amarillo and our boss asked us if we wanted to work a Metallica show in New Mexico. We said "of couse" and took off. It was in the Eastern New Mexico University football stadium and me and a friend got to work the stairs that lead up to the press box. It was pretty sweet, we had a birds eye view of it all. The bands, the mountains, man we got so stoned just chillin on those steps and got paid for it. It was in 93 i think. I remember when Metallica came on, this storm started movin in over the mountains and you could see all this lightening but it never rained. It was the shiznit!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 12
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/02/2005 2:40 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaI was working Event Staff for a company in Amarillo and our boss asked us if we wanted to work a Metallica show in New Mexico. We said "of couse" and took off. It was in the Eastern New Mexico University football stadium and me and a friend got to work the stairs that lead up to the press box. It was pretty sweet, we had a birds eye view of it all. The bands, the mountains, man we got so stoned just chillin on those steps and got paid for it. It was in 93 i think. I remember when Metallica came on, this storm started movin in over the mountains and you could see all this lightening but it never rained. It was the shiznit!

ride the lightning baby!!!!
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/02/2005 3:46 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709I'll be seeing Children of Bodom and Trivium together in november. :D

Assuming I can get tickets before they sell out, should be seeing that same tour sometime in December.

Best show I've seen: Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals.

Honorable mentions: Primus, Clutch, Artimus Pyledriver, Hank Williams III, Five Horse Johnson, Stinking Lizaveta, Fishbone, The Aquabats, and Blues Traveler.

Worst band that I've seen (that wasn't some crap local Punk or Nu-Metal band): P.O.D. "Singer" actually managed to rap off key the whole night, the band was all-around sloppy and their songs did nothing to make up for any of it. Simply horrid.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
10/02/2005 3:53 am
Ive only been to one concert(Rascal Flatts) but they kicked ass, and I had so much fun, and thats saying something if countrys not my thing.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 15
stolly3
stolly3
10/02/2005 5:43 am
By far the best show I've seen would be The Cardboard Vampyres. They only are suppose to play 6 shows this year, if you get a chance you have to go. Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy are amazing together and their vocalist is awesome. They just play a bunch of cover songs with Alice In Chains songs thrown in. I saw the Doobie brothers, Allman Brothers, and Shinedown all at Summerfest this year, but Cardboard was the best show the whole week.
# 16
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/02/2005 6:29 am
I've seen a butt load of concerts ranging from country to blues to full on metal. I have to say, the best cocert I've ever been to was AC/DC!. Amazing showmenship, and playability! Angus is a mad man, and all over the place!!!!!

Worst would probably have to be ZZ Topps, only because they just stood there and played and sang. Basically looked like they didn't give a **** about what they were playing or who they were playing for.... their FANS! They were opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd, which only put on a marginaly better show... only because they looked like they enjoyed what they were doing.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 17
ZChixSoccer
ZChixSoccer
10/02/2005 6:48 pm
Last year I went to the [U]Relient K[/U] concert. They are so awesome. Everyone must go to at least one of their concerts....you will have a blast.
# 18
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/02/2005 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: ZChixSoccerLast year I went to the [U]Relient K[/U] concert. They are so awesome. Everyone must go to at least one of their concerts....you will have a blast.

HA! Yeah, after that I'll head out to see Good Charlotte and then maybe New Found Glory!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 19
sigment frued
sigment frued
10/02/2005 9:13 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraSaw Muse in 2003, they put on an amazing show. Bad Religion in '04; best thing about that was the crowd, it was mental.

Seeing Steve Vai this month (23rd). I can't wait. :D

isn't Steve Vai playing in Ireland that day?

I can't wit for it either, I'm goning to the ireland one, the best gig I ever was at would have to be maiden, and masion.
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.