The tip of the week is to write bad songs! Sometimes it's best to let your creativity flow and see what happens. It takes the pressure off of trying to write a great song every time. And all songwriters have to write a ton of bad or mediocre songs to find that one great one.
This week's lesson is how to use the pentatonic box and a few technique tricks to play a great sounding rock lick. If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to play rock licks using the pentatonic scale across the guitar!
Neal's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 11: Guitar Solo Technique Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 25: Soloing Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 33: Wah Pedal Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 45: Great Rock Riffs
- Guitar Tricks 53: Whammy Technique on a Standard Guitar
- Guitar Tricks 60: Tap Harmonics
- Guitar Tricks 68: Halloween Guitar Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 77: Laughing Wah Wah
- Guitar Tricks 83: Major 3rd Lead
- Guitar Tricks 93: Santana Lick Request
- Guitar Tricks 94: Shred Lick in A
- Guitar Tricks 96: Shred Lick in E
- Guitar Tricks 97: Slash Lick in F#
- Guitar Tricks 112: Alex Lifeson Style Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 122: How-To Convey Emotion
- Guitar Tricks 133: Two-Hand Tapping Bends
- Guitar Tricks 146: Extreme Bends
- Guitar Tricks 162: Joe Perry Style Lead
- Guitar Tricks 168: Southern Rock Licks
- Guitar Tricks 179: Two Note Chord Riff
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!