We'll discuss the basic ways to create melodies and harmonize them. Then we'll create several melodies and harmonize them in different ways, using different intervals, types of motion and timbres. There will be lots of backing tracks so you can get experience playing along with the various parts and doing it yourself!
Christopher's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Intro to Major Scale Harmony
- Harmonizing The Major Scale
- Major Scale With Harmony
- You Play The Major Scale Melody
- You Play The Major Scale Harmony
- Building A Chord Progression
- Characteristics of Melody
- Building a Major Scale Melody
- Harmonizing In Similar 3rds
- Major Scale Melody & Similar 3rds Harmony
- You Play The Melody Against Similar 3rds
- You Play Similar 3rds Harmony
- Different Pickup, Different Timbre
- Similar 3rds Melody With The Bridge Pickup
- You Play The Melody With The Bridge Pickup
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!