Why did you want to learn to play the guitar?

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/04/2005 11:23 pm
I'm just curious, what was it that led you to the guitar in the first place?
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
07/04/2005 11:44 pm
for the babes buddy... :cool:
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
verdael
verdael
07/05/2005 12:19 am
I wanted to excel in another form of art. I want to play little game songs and some famous songs on my guitar((my cousin's guitar...really))
# 3
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/05/2005 1:52 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941for the babes buddy... :cool:

Didn't every guy start playing for the girls but then after a while your guitar comes first at least thats how it is for me
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/05/2005 2:14 am
Yeah I suppose that's true. But then again, as men, most of the things we do are for the babes. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 5
ren
ren
07/05/2005 7:37 am
I saw eric clapton when I was 8, and wanted to do what he does... simple

My parents organised classical lessons - not what I had in mind... I started on electric at 15 to impress the babes...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/05/2005 7:54 am
because I had never played a musical instrument in my entire life. and I wanted to learn something, so, I picked an instrument that would match the kind of music I liked to listen to (rock, hard rock, and metal mostly) so, I asked a friend whether I should learn bass or guitar. and he said guitar, so that's what I went with.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 7
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/05/2005 9:03 pm
I really didnt have a reason...I just saw a guitar one day and I went ****ing crazy about getting one.. I would sit and look at them online all day until I finally got one and to this day I am still crazy about them...
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/05/2005 9:41 pm
All of the wrong reasons.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
redspecial
redspecial
07/05/2005 10:13 pm
i was bored... eheheh...
seriously, i dont know. i dont remeber any babes or idols for motivation...

just one touch and you're doomed.
so hold your precious axe tight...
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 10
Kutzki
Kutzki
07/06/2005 3:12 am
mine reason is more like a story
i was born with a guitar in my hands.....
that would be so ****ing cool thou eh! (sorry i am canadian)
anyways it was for many reasons, not so much the babes but defenetly a bonus. people used to joke around that i belonged in the 60's and guitar for some reason was a thing everyone expected me to play. i wanted to learn violin; kleshmer stuff. violins were 800 bucks and my first guitar was 200 and i guess being jewish and all led to the strong conclusion that guitar is better, which it is hehe but it ant cheaper..... :cool: rockon dudes and dudets and like the dude said before me hold on to your axe :p
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 11
bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
07/06/2005 4:25 am
i used to play piano but got very disillusioned since i couldnt get the 'sound' i wanted. So i switched to guitar and that gave me the sound i wanted.
# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/06/2005 4:27 am
I just bought a guitar because it was the cool thing to do. I only play the music that my friends listen to, because I want to be cool and fit in. So far I've learned "Hey Ya" and some of Jay Z's stuff written for guitar...it's sooo cool! I bought a bright red Squire Strat because it looks sooooo cool! Also I played guitar so girls ould like me, and guess what? It worked!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 13
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/06/2005 7:07 pm
What bollocks...I think that whole "girls dig guys in a band" thing is as big a myth as those weapons of mass destruction.
I mean, if you play in a non-gigging band, then you are by far the biggest loser any girls knows...I've seen it...I've been it...

However, playing an acoustic piece or playing in a really good gigging band increases your sexy points 10fold in any girls eyes...once again, I've seen it and been it!

I started playing..why? I guess it was just a natural progression, I had been into music hectically since I was 8 or so...and since I listened to rock and stuff, a guitar was natural!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 14
aschleman
aschleman
07/06/2005 7:24 pm
Hm... Well... I had been groomed as an athlete ever since I can remember. I've played on so many baseball teams I can't even count them. I never really had time for anything else but sports. My Sophomore year in high school I was under a lot of stress because I had to start going to college workouts and scout combines and all that stuff... So I got really heavily into music. I listened to everything from Metallica, Jimi, Clapton, BB, Vai, Staind, so on... And about that same time my best friend, who was also on my baseball teams began to play guitar. So I picked one up. It gave us something to do in the hotel rooms and stuff on road trips. I wasn't so serious about it until I was a Senior in high school when I finally had some time to play more. I picked it up really fast and I immediately got into customizing my guitars... Then I went on to college.... I played college baseball... so I didn't have much time for guitar once again. Then my Sophomore year in college I blew my shoulder out and had to have surgery... So I quit playing baseball and now all I do is play guitar and build/customize them. It has replaced sports as my number one hobby.
# 15
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/06/2005 7:47 pm
My brother who is 3 years older than me always likes to get stuff to fool around with, rarely does he commit to doing anything/anything serious. His friend plays bass and they were like yea a band would be cool, and my bro was like "Yea, I'll play guitar." So he asked for one for christmas so my mom got him a kit. Low and behold he never touched the damn thing. After a month I Picked it up and popped in the dvd in came with and started the 123456789101112 thing. I liked it so much I just stuck with it. Sure glad I did.

Also, i have noticed that a lot of kids in my school did the same thing as my bro, got it but never play it. They bought them cause of the whole music wave of the recent years. Most of the new underground bands suck and only play power chords, and the solos are stuff beginners can do on the first try. Bands like that sicken me.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/06/2005 10:17 pm
[QUOTE=Andrew Sa]What bollocks...I think that whole "girls dig guys in a band" thing is as big a myth as those weapons of mass destruction.
I mean, if you play in a non-gigging band, then you are by far the biggest loser any girls knows...I've seen it...I've been it...[QUOTE]

I don't know where you've been looking but I've purposely been a dick to so many women just out of my own cynical humor and they've all still been interested afterwards. Why just last night I was talking to my friend's girlfriend's friend and I told her that anyone that talks to me sucks and that it was a proven fact. After that she demanded that I apologize or she wouldn't talk to me anymore. So what I do? I said "if you believe what I've been saying then yeah, sure I"ll stand by my words." To which she pointed out that it wasn't a good apology and asked if I wanted to go get something to eat. What the crap? So blatent rude behavior gets women coming on like the mayor's wife, but a girl doesn't dig a guy that plays guitar? I have a hard time believing that.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 17
redspecial
redspecial
07/07/2005 12:49 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaWhat bollocks...I think that whole "girls dig guys in a band" thing is as big a myth as those weapons of mass destruction.
I mean, if you play in a non-gigging band, then you are by far the biggest loser any girls knows...I've seen it...I've been it...

However, playing an acoustic piece or playing in a really good gigging band increases your sexy points 10fold in any girls eyes...once again, I've seen it and been it!

I started playing..why? I guess it was just a natural progression, I had been into music hectically since I was 8 or so...and since I listened to rock and stuff, a guitar was natural!

i dont know man, actually your theory makes sense...
if ur cool, that means YOU are cool. so playin or not playin guitar cant make you cool or not cool.
see, i have a guitar, so where the hell are they?!?! :D

here in my country theres some guys playin acoustic in beaches. you know, like crappy 80's movies, campfire guitarists... and they think girls cant resist that. theyr generally playin well known, easy songs... eheh... i hate them...

(no offence for real guitarists playin in beaches) ;)
[FONT=Verdana]rest in heavenly peace lil' fox...[/FONT]
# 18

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.