Anyone feel like finishing a song??

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/14/2005 11:01 pm
Here's a piece of one I was writing a little while back- if you can think of anything to add, I would appreciate it.

Another long and lonely day
No longer on the ball
A huge and empty pain in my chest
Camped out here in the hall

What the hell happened?
Where did it all go wrong?
My life's not a ballad
It's not even a half-hearted country song.

It wasn't supposed to be this way,
'Genius', the said.
Now they don't remember me.
I might have been famous if I were dead...
:)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/19/2005 6:59 am
I'm so cold and all alone
feeling broken
my head rests on stone

I'm done living to your expectations
I'll live according to my own calibrations
I don't need you and your hateful sensations
I'll live my own life with my own destinations
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/21/2005 11:35 pm
Thanks for adding! Tell you what, you can have this one if you want it. The only thing I ask for is a 'nod' on the liner notes, okay? :)
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/22/2005 7:48 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Thanks for adding! Tell you what, you can have this one if you want it. The only thing I ask for is a 'nod' on the liner notes, okay? :)

eh, I don't actually have a band or anything... so I don't have much use for a song like this one. I really only write depressing songs like this one when I'm depressed.. and right now I'm actually really happy.. so, I guess what I'm saying is that you can keep this one, I like writing my own stuff... if you don't want this one, then I guess it's up for grabs from anyone who does... I too ask for at least partial credit if someone else uses it though
my spyspace
# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/22/2005 12:00 pm
Fair enough. I'm not much of a song writer and I am just learning to play the guitar so I really don't have much use for it now. So it's up for grabs if anyone else wants it.

I would like to see some of your happy songs. It seems like most of the things I write tend to be depressing (with the exception of my fiction. That tends to be strange and funny.)
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/22/2005 6:10 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60I would like to see some of your happy songs. It seems like most of the things I write tend to be depressing (with the exception of my fiction. That tends to be strange and funny.)

it's rare that I ever finish a song, but, here's one thats' actually kind of depressing yet with an encouraging effect towards the end... it's called sometimes:

Sometimes this world gets a little crazy and it gets a little scary and we don't know what's going on

Sometimes this world gets a little hazy and we don't know where to turn to cause we can't see through the fog

Sometimes we get a little mislead and we can't find the right path cause all we see is wrong

Sometimes we get a little put down, people delight in our frown and we can't seem to get along

Sometimes it feels like it would be better if we just left them a letter saying we'll be gone

Sometimes this world can be a bad place, we go from a happy to a sad place; all our joy is gone

Sometimes our lives seem to be controlled watching things unload faster than a gun

Sometimes we get a little afraid and all we can do is pray that we can remain strong

Sometimes we all need someone to run to, someone to who we can cling to, someone to hold us in their arms

Sometimes it feels like a journey to find someone who's caring but I'm not very far

Sometimes we need a little assurance that we will get through this and life will go on

Sometimes this world gets a little lonely, but I'll be your friend, your comfort, I'll help you remain strong

I just want you to be happy; we'll get through this somehow; as I hold you in my arms

there you have it... yeah, it's sung just the whole way through, no choruses or bridges or anything... just end to end.... and the chords throughout are only Dm, F, Am, Em so it's not like it's a difficult song... I was going to write another one last night, I had inspiration, then just as I was about to sharpen my pencil... my gf called
my spyspace
# 6
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/23/2005 1:00 am
I like it! It does have a nice, uplifting spirit at the end. As far as not writing another song last night because your gf called; you did the right thing. It's never a good idea to ignore your muse. :)
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/23/2005 1:37 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60I like it! It does have a nice, uplifting spirit at the end. As far as not writing another song last night because your gf called; you did the right thing. It's never a good idea to ignore your muse. :)

the song I was about to write probably would've been all about her anyway... seems like anytime I go to write a song now, she's the only thing I can think about. I actually thought about trying to write that song today, so I sat down with my notebook... and nothing... I have what I want to say in my head, I just don't know how to express it through words yet... so, we'll see what happens with that...
my spyspace
# 8
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/23/2005 12:46 pm
Yeah, I can understand that. I know that my own literary output goes up a great deal when I am involved with someone. There is something about that ground swell from the heart that you can't get anywhere else.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.