View post (sellouts?)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/16/2005 4:22 pm
Where as for me, metallica died after master of puppets. It is hard to say they are sellouts when we lack the ability to think things through as they have. If I had to take a stab at it though, I'd say it comes down to unsorted priorities... top priority being better quality of music. St. Anger pissed me off, it was like nu-metal only each song was twice as long. I also kind of miss the days where Hetfield didn't think he had to be cussing so damn much. I've no quarrel with profanity in lyrics, but if you've established yourself as a good lyricist without it, then why bother? That and every other lyric that wasn't profane on St. Anger was just pure stupidity. While I do think that it is possible for them to make a kick ass CD under the Metallica name again, I don't think they'll top the Burton era ever, so I'd just as soon like to see them disban and take their experiments in music elsewhere rather than take advantage of the Metallica name.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.