Poems Poems Poems

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/23/2007 1:04 am
I am trying to rewrite 14 poems by wed. We had lots of time to do the poems and the teacher checked them in periodically. Although, me being the procrastanator I am, wrote most of my poems while she was coming around to check them. We had to write a poem in the shape of something, so, I drew a circle. Inside it I wrote round, intriguing, astounding beyond belief, shape of much power,communism, circle. The hilarious thing is she gave me credit for it. Anyways I think I'm going crazy. Anyone have any crazy ideas to write a poem about? I can genereally find stuff to inspire my writing, but not for 14 poems in such short time. GAHHHHHHH, why must I be so lazy.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 1
acapella
acapella
01/23/2007 4:53 am
Crazy idea for a poem? How about...one about a giant. Yeah. Just a giant. Pretty wild, huh?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/23/2007 5:21 am
How bout a poem about procrastination? Yeah, it's halfway a joke, but you could really delve in if you wanted to; pressure, time, consequence, motivation (or lack thereof), inspiration (again, or lack of), and desire...to probably do other things than write poetry.

And to be "artistic" you could leave it halfway done to drive home the essence. :D
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/23/2007 8:57 am
having vivid imagery is always helpful...it could be abt any random thing..associating ur current feelings with the random thing can be tricky at times...unless you have a specific emotion then it will be way easier for imaginations..thats how i do it anyway...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/23/2007 12:11 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdHow bout a poem about procrastination? Yeah, it's halfway a joke, but you could really delve in if you wanted to; pressure, time, consequence, motivation (or lack thereof), inspiration (again, or lack of), and desire...to probably do other things than write poetry.

And to be "artistic" you could leave it halfway done to drive home the essence. :D

Yeah, I like that. The best writing is the stuff that comes from truth. You could write about not writing until you had to and now art springs from pressure. Similar to how a diamond is formed by immense pressure inflicted on coal over time.The ridiculous nature of attempting to 'force' arts creation. Sitting quietly at your desk, late, pen in hand, waiting for creativity to strike....etc.

(Jeez, I am sooo glad I am not in school anymore... :) )
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 5
ren
ren
01/23/2007 12:56 pm
You could go all avant-garde:

Ode to the modern world, by Ren...

Bang Bang Bang
Bang Bang Bang
Bang Bang Bang
Bang Bang Bang
Bang Bang Bang
Bang Bang Bang
You're Dead

That'll do for one....

When I used to have to do this kind of stuff, I'd just pick an object in the room, and then either write about it literally or metaphorically... it got me through a University Degree in English Literature... :eek: :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 6
aschleman
aschleman
01/23/2007 1:07 pm
I wrote a poem about ADD once that I kept changing the subject in the middle of lines and left the last line unfinished... I got an A on it in a college creative writing class....... I turned it into a song too.
# 7
ren
ren
01/23/2007 1:11 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI wrote a poem about ADD once that I kept changing the subject in the middle of lines....

I like that... I might 'borrow' it... :p

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/23/2007 8:15 pm
Thanks for all the helpful advice! I think I'll start with the one about procrastanation, and than pick an object in the room and write about it. I think I'll also write one with a bunch of big fancy words and lots of metaphors but in reality it will make no sense. Thanks again!

I'm off to drink an amp big rig(energy drink) and write a ton of poems
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

# 9
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/23/2007 9:57 pm
I got the procrastination one done, and awhile ago I posted a thread about how I like economics, so I wrote a poem fueled by political angst. What do you think?

Procrastination

Procrastination
The art of he who is lazy
Easy-going and relaxed
Things must always wait
I’ll do it later indeed
Later shall turn to later again
Eventually all shall be completed
In a crazy frenzy of jam packed madness
An art form so often underrated
Procrastination
----------------------------------------
We Are Number One

We are and forever will be number one
Ignorance aplenty, our problems we shun
Better to ignore than to make a big fuss
All other persons are inferior to us
Our debt is vast yet we sink deeper
The mountain we climb gets ever steeper
We’re killing ourselves, and others as well
Soon we must face our unfortunate hell
Wasting money on farm subsidies
Destroying third world economies
Hatred towards us may bring us down
We continue to smile as others frown
But in our eyes, a great deception lies
For we won’t always be number one

# 10
ferreydumaua
ferreydumaua
01/24/2007 8:58 pm
[QUOTE=Anyways I think I'm going crazy. Anyone have any crazy ideas to write a poem about? I can genereally find stuff to inspire my writing, but not for 14 poems in such short time. GAHHHHHHH, why must I be so lazy.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think we have the same dilemma... hahahaha!!!! not having much time associating poems in order to make it a song or a composed rampage!!!! hahahaha!!!!
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.