Going on vacation - practice ideas?

KirkD
KirkD
05/18/2007 4:00 pm
I'm heading out on vacation next week and cannot take my guitar. I've only been playing for about 2 months, and I'm afraid that after a two week break I'll lost everything I've gained. :( Any ideas???

-Kirk
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/18/2007 4:32 pm
I wouldn't worry too much about it really. You might take a day or two when you get back to get caught up but I don't think you'll lose anything. If it were me, I would take some books and magazines about guitars and guitar playing with me and continue to read up. Knowledge is a good thing.

Will you have access to a computer? If so, just keep logging on to GT and we'll keep you entertained and informed for your two week break. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
ren
ren
05/18/2007 4:43 pm
you might even find the break does you good... :)

Maybe find a guitar shop near where you're going and have a practice there

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3
quickfingers
quickfingers
05/18/2007 7:53 pm
if youre just at that stage in learning, you could actually use this break to seriously work on your finger stregnth. go buy a gripmaster (they sell them at music stores or sports shops) and just put it in your pocket. use, but dont overuse (tendonitis is a b*tch). i went ape-wild when i got one of those things, and i actually ended up damaging my carpal muscle. its fine now; nothing that a 2 week break from guitar wont fix, but you still dont want to have to deal with that crap down the road if you dont have to.

and for hte record, not that i would really distain against practice, but you're gonna love it when you've been playing guitar for some years. i have a practice regimen down to a science so that i dont have to worry about losing my chops if i dont shred for a week.

one of my dad's friends is an amazing guitarist, and he will pick the axe up once a month and after a half-hour warmup, he's just as good as he was the previous month. haha.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.