How to take care of calluses

Iman_Oldie
Iman_Oldie
01/21/2021 10:28 am
Originally Posted by: john of MT

During these days of more frequent hand washing I've started the routine of hitting the calluses with a good dose of 91% isopropyl alcohol a couple times throughout the day and at bedtime. .....

YMMV.

I also use isopropyl alcohol (Isocol) to help dry out the skin. It can help with soreness as well. I've also started wearing a rubber glove on my "fret" hand when washing the dishes, If I think of it I use some moisterising cream before going to bed.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/21/2021 6:35 pm
Originally Posted by: Iman_Oldie
Originally Posted by: john of MT

During these days of more frequent hand washing I've started the routine of hitting the calluses with a good dose of 91% isopropyl alcohol a couple times throughout the day and at bedtime. .....

YMMV.

I also use isopropyl alcohol (Isocol) to help dry out the skin. It can help with soreness as well. I've also started wearing a rubber glove on my "fret" hand when washing the dishes, If I think of it I use some moisterising cream before going to bed.

I use a hand lotion before bed at night (you know... arid mountain west) but I take special care to keep it away from the finger tip calluses. After the lotion is absorbed, I do the bedtime alcohol.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.