Slash / National Anthem

GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
03/31/2009 11:04 pm
Friend of mine saw a video of Slash playing the National Anthem at a baseball game, he even worked in 'Take me out to the ball game' at the end. We were both impressed. Any other Slash fans out there? Anyone know where I can get guitar tabs for the National Anthem? (Or even sheet music?)
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
04/01/2009 4:56 am
I love Slash, he's awesome! ( I bartended his birthday party once too )
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
KFS1972
Full Access
KFS1972
Full Access
04/02/2009 2:49 am
Originally Posted by: Neal WalterI love Slash, he's awesome! ( I bartended his birthday party once too )

That must have been interesting to witness. I just finished his book and I really don't know how he survived all the activities described.

I don't remember where I saw it but he and his wife did a PSA for some liberal cause(I think, can't really remember). He was playing the Star Spangled Banner in the background as she talked about whatever it was.

I have the tab (power tab), I think I got it from ultimate-guitar.com. I've been working on it for some time myself. It looks so simple but I found much difficulty in perfecting it. It helped me to sing along or at least think the words while playing.

Seems like a good song for a set of lessons. Maybe starting with something like I am playing then continue with ways to embellish it some or a lot. Surely this song is public domain.
# 3
GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
04/13/2009 11:52 pm
Yeah, I'm sure it is. I was just hoping someone had it 'for overdrive guitar' so to speak. I'll check that website, thanks.

I've yanked out a hymnal and have been translating the melodies from piano to guitar and figuring out the fingering. It's been great fun and good practice, but I think the national anthem as Slash plays it would be a fun goal to work on.
# 4
caponi14
caponi14
04/16/2009 4:11 pm
Slash is my hero! That mans music made me pick up the guitar!

KEEP ON ROCKING THE SLASH WAY!!!!!
# 5
GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
04/16/2009 10:45 pm
I've always admired Slash, but now that I'm learning to play myself, I'm realizing just how awsome his talent is. He IS part of that guitar.

As for picking up a guitar.......the bug hit me when I was about 12, but Mom insisted on an accustic and I lost interest quickly. However, last year I went to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. I was completely suprised at how much I LOVED that show. It was shortly afterwards I decided I'd get my own guitar and learn a bit of that.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.