guitarmanpetey
guitarmanpetey
06/24/2009 8:09 pm
someone plz responed thanks
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
06/25/2009 3:00 am
BC Rich has a long history of making great guitars and legends from Joe Perry to newer guys have played them. BC Rich makes good stuff. It is really a guitar uniquely geared to rock, in my opinion. That means it's great for metal. With any guitar, there will be differences from the makers budget line to it's top tier line but long term makers wanting good standing will make great, playable instruments even at the budget levels.
# 2
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
06/26/2009 4:23 am
The original BC Rich guitars from the 80s are total metal guitars. We went to buy my son one about 2 years ago at Guitar Center and the ones that I tried were made in Korea and were crap. We ended up buying a 1983 on eBay and it's a great, well made guitar. The '83 that we bought is called the NJ Mockingbird but was actually built in Japan and is a neck-through-body. The quality is excellent and cost us about $1300.
I'd stay away from the newer, Korean built BC Rich if you can afford to.

Here's some more info from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.C._Rich

I'll be using my son's Mockingbird on one of the Guitar Tricks Channel episodes soon.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3
Ed Jalowiecki
Ed Jalowiecki
06/30/2009 3:05 am
There are many good metal guitars - it all depends on what style of metal you intend to play and how much money you have to spend on a guitar. I know all the technical metal guys prefer Ibanez. The other guitar player in my band plays Schecters. I prefer an old school vibe, so I stick with my '79 Gibson Les Paul Custom or my Fender Strat. You don't need a metal guitar to play metal - a lot of it depends on HOW you play and what amp & effects you use.
# 4
ren
ren
06/30/2009 12:29 pm
BC Rich guitars as fine... but they're a visual thing in my opinion. If you're playing stood up and people can see, they're pretty cool.

However, having tried to play one sat down... they're a pain. Weird bodied guitar shapes aren't necessarily good for practice. As noted by Neal the older ones are better than the cheaper models in the new range.

Depends where you are with your playing I guess. I wouldn't have one if it was to be my only guitar.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
Ed Jalowiecki
Ed Jalowiecki
07/03/2009 2:04 pm
Originally Posted by: renBC Rich guitars as fine... but they're a visual thing in my opinion. If you're playing stood up and people can see, they're pretty cool.

However, having tried to play one sat down... they're a pain. Weird bodied guitar shapes aren't necessarily good for practice.

Good point. There are many factors to consider when buying a guitar. The way it looks is one of those factors, but it also needs to sound good, be affordable for you, well made & feel comfortable for you to play. You can buy a guitar based on any of these areas, so you'll have to decide which one is most important to you.

The consensus here seems to be that current BC Rich guitars are cheap & look cool (depending on your taste), but they are not well made, can be uncomfortable to play, and may not be the best sound quality.
# 6
J.R.
J.R.
07/06/2009 5:44 am
I assume your looking for an entry level guitar, if that is the case, B.C. Rich would be a good choice, but so also are ESP, Schecter, Ibanez good entry level guitars that are not priced too high. I would test drive one in the store before laying out any money, because as important as getting the right sounding guitar is getting the guitar that feels right in your hands.
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS
MUST HAVE AMP SETTINGS

More amp settings then ever...
guitar scales in tab form
scales for open G tuning
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.