New amp

mrkbrks
mrkbrks
09/20/2009 5:09 am
Just got a Bugera V55 amp. I got it to play with my son and his drums, I have a Blackheart lil devil and a Vox 4 watt which is not loud enough at all. It's a 55 watt 2 channel amp w/ reverb and effects loop. It also has a normal and bright input, boost and presence control. It comes with a footswitch to change channels and reverb. I've had it for 3 days and only used the normal input so far. The clean channel is awesome. I can get it a dirty w/ volume on guitar. I also have a great little distortion pedal I use to get crunchy so I don't really use the lead channel much. The lead channel is good and does a light distortion to metal. To much gain for me when you get past about 6. I have the combo which has a partially open back. The range is deep lows with my humbuckers to twangy highs with the single coil p rails on. The P90's sound great as well. I bought this from Music 123 and paid $350 w/ the labor day sale when I pre ordered it. It sounds great and compares sort of to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe but I think the clean channel sounds better than the Deluxe. It also looks like a million dollars. Probably the last amp I own (doubt it, but my wife sure hopes so). I'll try and post pics later if requested.
# 1
jcotter13
jcotter13
09/20/2009 12:49 pm
I've been hearing mixed reviews on Bugera's amps. Keep us posted on how this amp does over the long run for you.
# 2
dave craig
lefty gone crazy
dave craig
lefty gone crazy
09/20/2009 2:44 pm
Want to know more about this amp seen a half stack and played on it and it sounded great for such a cheap stack and it being a tube too dont know.
# 3
jcotter13
jcotter13
09/20/2009 4:46 pm
I've heard that Bugera's have great tone, but are not very reliable. From waht I've read, they're not put together very well. That's why I'm curious as to how yours will hold up.
# 4
mrkbrks
mrkbrks
09/20/2009 6:32 pm
I had a Bugera 6262 when they first came out. The fuse kept blowing after the first day that I had it. I sent it back and didn't get another one. The price is low and there are some things that get sacrificed vs amps that cost twice as much. This seems pretty well built and sounds great right out of the box. If you look at some snobby websites (tgp) you'll see a lot of hating going on Bugera's amps because they are less expensive (ok, cheap). It's a piece of electrical equipment. When mine showed up the UPS man said "I need to show you something". I was thinking great, the box is messed up and I'm not going to get to play it. The box was wet, because of all the rain we've been getting recently but I unpacked it and everthing was dry. There was plastic that covered the amp and it wasn't wet either. I don't think you are going to find anyone that has one of these amps and likes them they are going to say they have had trouble with them. I think people blow things up and people that I KNOW that have them haven't had any problems with them.
# 5
guitarplayer196
guitarplayer196
09/21/2009 10:22 pm
Bugera is Beringer's brand if that tells you something about build quality. I looked into them a bit when I was buying my Peavey Valveking a few months back and heard numerous stories about the Bugera's not being reliable, but I guess it depends on usage.
"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if its the right one and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." Les Paul - 2002
# 6
jcotter13
jcotter13
09/21/2009 10:29 pm
I tend to get a little suspicious when I read that fuses & tubes are blowing withing the 1st week of use. That's why I'm picking up a used 5150 combo this Friday instead of a Bugera 6262 combo.
# 7
mrkbrks
mrkbrks
10/01/2009 9:02 pm
Had to send Bugera back. Tube rattling inside and they don't want to send me a replacement tube but to send the whole thing back. Behringer wasn't any more help. Nearest service place 2 hours away. So....I ordered an Eganter Rebel 30. Always wanted a Rebel 20 but didn't want to spend the money. Glad I waited and they came out with this. I want to tell you the Bugera sounded great but I had problems with the first one I had and this one scared me a little. Please no " I told you".
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.