Problem with the Song's Page?

dolphingirrl
Full Access
dolphingirrl
Full Access
03/13/2011 2:49 pm
I can navigate through this site with no problem, that is until I click on the songs tab. That page and I mean, THAT PAGE ONLY, freezes IE8 (not responding). Any suggestions on what the problem might be. HELP PLEASE.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/14/2011 3:52 am
Hey DolphinGirrl,

Sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. It may be resolved by clearing your browser's cache.
In IE8:
1. Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History / Delete...
2. Un-check "Preserve Favorites website data", "Form data", and "Passwords".
3. Click "Delete".
4. Try loading the songs page again.

Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
dolphingirrl
Full Access
dolphingirrl
Full Access
03/19/2011 2:33 am
Thanks for the advice, but, that did not work. Still freezing up. Oh well guess it wasn't meant to be. Fool me once, Fool me twice,.....
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/19/2011 5:19 am
I am looking at the songs page in IE8 and it looks fine. Do you have a different browser you could try?
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
RCbeastly
Full Access
RCbeastly
Full Access
03/24/2011 9:50 am
I too am having problems with the slowness of the site. I used to watch all the videos in hi-res, but recently I have been forced to low-res because of the looooong wait for download. Even with lo-res the download seems to stop for long periods. I thought it may have been that there were a lot of ppl accessing the songs page but since it's currently 2:30 am in LA and 4:30am in NY, I don't think that's the problem. But then the same thing happens if I go to the techniques page etc. Sometimes song tutes will show completely downloaded but end half way through.

I have deleted my internet files, run defrag (didn't need it), reset my internet connection and changed the MTU value on my router.

I have also run 3 different speed tests which showed 15Mb, 15Mb and 13.3Mb speeds so I don't think it's my internet connection that's the problem.

Finally, I am not having any problem watching hi-res videos on other sites (YouTube, Lick Library etc)

Something has definitely changed here.

I am running IE7 with WinXp.
# 5
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/24/2011 6:18 pm
RCBeastly, it seems you are having a different problem from the person that started this thread. Yours might be a little easier to solve.

Please report it here:

http://www.guitartricks.com/contact.php

And they will have you run some tests that might show where your network problem is.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.