Help, Please?

Faith Underfire
Faith Underfire
03/07/2012 6:38 pm
Hi,

I'm posting this because I need help in bringing more sound to the guitar for the songs I'm singing. Please disregard the voice. I'm only now learning how to use a recording studio (someone gave me a Korg D-1600!), and it's kinda sloppy for a first time.

http://youtu.be/Hv1loYFabTI

Anyway, I'm just not a good enough guitarist to make the songs I write really flow melodically, and I don't know how to combine strumming and fingerpicking.

Let me know what you think. I can take it.

Thanks,
Faith
# 1
compart1
compart1
03/07/2012 11:24 pm
For someone to critique your guitar playing you might want to increase the guitar volume or lower the vocals. Personally I thought it was a really good piece. I heard one break in the vocals about half way through.
I hope you get some more response as I am not much of a singer or guitarist..
Good luck and keep up the good work..
Gordon
# 2
omaof3
omaof3
03/07/2012 11:52 pm
I thought it was good, though it would have been better if the guitar was a little louder. Good words though;-)
# 3
Faith Underfire
Faith Underfire
03/09/2012 3:36 pm
Thanks for the compliment and the critique. Increasing the guitar volume is a good idea. I'm also thinking of trying to add another track w/ just strumming.

I'm going to do the whole thing again. The D-1600 is an interesting piece of equipment, and I'm enjoying learning it.

Thanks again:)

Originally Posted by: compart1For someone to critique your guitar playing you might want to increase the guitar volume or lower the vocals. Personally I thought it was a really good piece. I heard one break in the vocals about half way through.
I hope you get some more response as I am not much of a singer or guitarist..
Good luck and keep up the good work..
Gordon

# 4
Faith Underfire
Faith Underfire
03/09/2012 3:38 pm
Thanks Oma~

So it's agreed that the main problem has to do with levels, right? I'm going to work on it this weekend. Maybe make the guitar louder and find a way to expand the sound itself?

I'll be bach!:)

Originally Posted by: omaof3I thought it was good, though it would have been better if the guitar was a little louder. Good words though;-)

# 5
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/10/2012 12:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Faith UnderfireHi,

I'm posting this because I need help in bringing more sound to the guitar for the songs I'm singing. Please disregard the voice. I'm only now learning how to use a recording studio (someone gave me a Korg D-1600!), and it's kinda sloppy for a first time.

http://youtu.be/Hv1loYFabTI

Anyway, I'm just not a good enough guitarist to make the songs I write really flow melodically, and I don't know how to combine strumming and fingerpicking.

Let me know what you think. I can take it.

Thanks,
Faith

That was really nice.

I'm a newb "recording engineer" wannabe. I use Reaper, but I took a look at the Korg docs, and it looks like you can copy tracks. If you double the guitar track (copy/paste like), you will increase the volume without pushing the levels too high. And recently I have started using (a little) compression, and that can sometimes do the trick without having to redo a track. I don't think compression will work this time, but doubling the track might. Maybe try that.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.