New Songs needed

Ronet
Ronet
08/26/2012 6:05 am
Hello,

This is Ronet here. I am not quite satisfied with songs at GuitarTricks. There are songs like Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child O' Mine, and other Slash hits that should be part of the songs list and are a must for guitar players.
Please add the given songs as soon as possible.

Regards
# 1
JJ90
JJ90
08/26/2012 8:51 am
Hi Ronet,

Unfortunately GT can't simply put a tutorial up of a song that is requested here.

Although I think Led Zeppelin and GNR are amazing Guitartricks can't just put up a song tutorial for it. The problem is that even teaching those and other songs (and the TABS for it) are copyrighted. For that Guitartricks needs to work with record companies allowing them to teach some of the songs. Guitartricks, in return, needs to pay for being able to teach those songs legally.

Guitartricks is currently already working with record companies which has resulted in the current lessons in the song section if this site. But my guess would be since GNR and Led Zeppelin are gigantic music names, Guitartricks has to pay a whole lot of money to get those on the site and work with the right record company.

Also for future song-requests I suggest you use the Song-Request forumpage that is specifically for that: http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58 "

So in short they can't just put a tutorial up because people request. Hope this helps.

JJ
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/30/2012 1:16 am
Hi Ronet

Sorry we don't have all the songs you want. The site is constantly being updated with new songs, so hopefully along the way we will get some of these.

There is quite a process that goes into getting the songs on the site, and with that comes the ability to teach it from great instructors and to teach it note for note; riff by riff.

Keep checking back :D
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.