Some things can be more accurate

farfarello
farfarello
12/09/2012 1:30 pm
Hi Mike,
first of all let me thank you for the excellent job you're doing on GT. Like your style.
But when there is light there be shaddows.

The plattform is highly professionell and you also doing the Artist studdy stuff very well. Because of this I was wondering about Rebell Yell. Yes, it sounds nearly the original and yes you can play songs in many ways. Looking at Steve Stevens style, there are a lot of differences the way to perform Rebell yell. And in times of youtube you should check first if there are intresting Inputs on the web. In that special case - there is a video where Steve explains how to play some parts of his songs (very intersting). There you also can see how he is handling the fingerstyle intro part and the rest of the song with pleck (plec between Index and middle finger - great stuff).

But overall I like your song lessons and will try it from time to time.

have a nice christmas.

Dieter from GERMANY
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/10/2012 6:54 pm
Hi Dieter!! Thanks for the kind words.

Yes you are correct, placing the pick between your index and middle finger allows you to play the fingerstyle intro, then quickly change to the other parts of the song. You could also tuck the pick under the joints of your middle finger. This is what Van Halen does while performing his 2-handed tapping.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!!

Keep rocking!!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.