She's In Love with the Boy question

supertrickrick
supertrickrick
06/11/2013 4:15 pm
I am a little confused about the electric guitar verse on this song. I am going through the song and it seems like the first part you say to play 3x, but it sounds like it plays it 5x. Am I wrong? Maybe I am just hearing it wrong, but it doesn't seem to change to the C#5 power chord after 3 bars. Thanks!
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/11/2013 5:14 pm
Hey there! Sorry this is a bit unclear. Your confusion may be coming from the fact that the slow and "up to speed" examples for this lesson also include the 4 bar intro.

So when I say to play the progression 3X then go to the C#5 chord, I meant starting from when the vocals come in.

The intro plays the E E A B progression twice before the vocals come in. This is a bit confusing because the fast play and slow play examples include the intro, but do not have the vocal track playing.

I encourage you to watch the full performance video and check out the intro then the first verse. You should be able to see how many times each progression is played, and it might make alot more sense with the vocal track playing.

Hope this helps you!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.