Thin lizzy

Jhenson
Jhenson
06/26/2013 1:19 pm
Hey mike! Hey man you have my favorite lessons out of all the instructors. Mainly due to your choice of songs. Anyhow do you think you could do the Cowboy song by Thin Lizzy? Or Dancing in The moonlight? Also, you typically say any Marshall style tube amp, but what kind of amp do you use specifically. Or is it a pod? Could you also let me know what kind of pick ups you use? Thanks
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2013 9:11 pm
Hey man! So glad you are digging the lessons! I would love to teach more Lizzy, but there is an extensive approval process before we can teach certain songs. Be sure to click on the following link and post your requests:

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

As far as your amp question: I try to break down every song to the 3 general categories of amps: Marshall style, Vox AC30 style, and Fender style. Each of the 3 have a very distinct voicing for which pretty much all other amplifiers are based on. In the case of Thin Lizzy, or any classic hard rock from the 70s, 99% of the time it's going to be a Marshall Plexi amp.

For Guitartricks lessons, I use my Pod XT for everything. On my Xtone Les Paul style guitar, the pickups are stock Seymour Duncans.

Thx for the great questions and requests!
Keep rockin'!!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.