Best moment you had with a guitar...

OldSkoolPunk
OldSkoolPunk
07/31/2000 10:28 am
Ok heres mine. A couple of months ago. In Laughlin, it was biker run. So good time to get wasted. I spent like $100 in beer. Ok Im like totaly wasted in a hour, He was perfect. He was singing it and all. I was so amazed, cus he made me look like an ass.. I know he was wasted too. That really changed my life about guitars. I now know I have to get good just so I can prove I can do it too. Aww memories, sorry I just had to tell about that... So what are yours?

------------------
Love is nothing more than a mental illness...
Love is nothing more than mental illness...
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/31/2000 5:33 pm
You should have requested "Hamburger Train" by Primus, but then again you may well have still looked like an ass.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/04/2000 3:20 am
I used to think the same thing when I first started playing guitar. But then after two years of playing, I had every Metallica song down and could play it in my sleep. Now I look up to Steve Vai and am starting to play a lot of his stuff. It's kind of funny because I'll always set goals for myself and when I reach them I still think I suck! But the best moment I had was yesterday. I had my seven string Ibanez in the shop and hadn't played for two days. When I got it back I was totally inventive and just whaling on the thing. It's one of those days where 'ya just sit back and say "Ahhhhhh! I'm so glad I play guitar,".

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 3
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
08/04/2000 4:52 am
Ok, what about Classical Thump by Victor Wooten? (That's for u ras, since ur a bassist.) For guitar, should've asked him to solo over giant steps, I'd like to hear a metalhead do that. Or you could've just asked him to play some 80s guitar wank song.
# 4
Rat520
Rat520
08/04/2000 8:05 am
Talking about best moments with your guitar, about a week back i had the chance to play in a jazz band at the olymic torch relay in my area. I thought that there might be a thousand or so people there, but when we walked on stage an i saw about 30-40 thousand people in the crowd it was great. The band sounded great and i got a real buzz out of it. Anyway just wanted to share that moment with you all.

[This message has been edited by Rat520 (edited 08-04-2000).]
"You know, we do more than just sing and dance. We've got a brain, too."
Backstreet Boys
# 5

08/04/2000 7:54 pm
It was about 10 months ago, when I first started playing. I rented an electric guitar and amp, and I turned on the distortion and strummed a power cord and damn it felt good... then I turned it up real loud and played my drunken rendition of "Crazy Train" by Ozzy.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.