Rocking on a budget

daviddergute
daviddergute
07/27/2015 6:29 pm
I've been working on electric guitar with the able assistance of Guitar Tricks for the last few months. I've been playing a Slammer by Hamer Strat copy through a Line6 Spider III 15 watts. Neither of these are what I really want.

I have my sights set on a Fender Standard Telecaster, but I'm on a real budget. I started an envelope and started putting in any cash I could manage. It feels satisfying, and I saved about $50 in a month. Unfortunately, I couldn't stand my old amp, so I cashed out on a really good deal and bought a Mustang 1 v2. I love the amp, but now I'm only back up to $25.

Are there any rockers on a budget who have encouragement or funny stories about saving for a guitar or equipment?

I'd love to hear your stories!

2016 Standard Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue

2016 Yamaha FSX800c in Ruby Red

2016 Fender Super Champ X2

# 1
sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
sparkyoneonetwo
Sparky Foxx
07/28/2015 4:45 pm
Back when I got my first guitar it was a knock off of a Washburn Rx10 payed something like 260 bucks for it some picks and a few feet of cable and a used crate amp. I was doing yard work over the summer for people around my town. Cutting grass pulling weeds watering laws that kinda stuff. I asked everyone to pay me in one dollar bills if they could. Still to this day I tend to save smaller bills easy than tens or twenties. On the day I went to the music store to buy my stuff I walked in with 300 dollars in one dollar bills. In hindsight I should have taken my ones to the bank first for bigger bills. In the end it turned out to be about a 20 minute transaction because the chick at the register kept losing count.
# 2
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
07/28/2015 5:40 pm
Originally Posted by: davidderguteI've been working on electric guitar with the able assistance of Guitar Tricks for the last few months. I've been playing a Slammer by Hamer Strat copy through a Line6 Spider III 15 watts. Neither of these are what I really want.

I have my sights set on a Fender Standard Telecaster, but I'm on a real budget. I started an envelope and started putting in any cash I could manage. It feels satisfying, and I saved about $50 in a month. Unfortunately, I couldn't stand my old amp, so I cashed out on a really good deal and bought a Mustang 1 v2. I love the amp, but now I'm only back up to $25.

Are there any rockers on a budget who have encouragement or funny stories about saving for a guitar or equipment?

I'd love to hear your stories!

Good thread.

For a long time I wanted a black PRS with gold hardware that wasn't an SE model.

I ended up finding one on Guitar Center's used section for about $1300, which I had saved over a period of a few years in college. It's PRS CE 24, made in 2006.

It's still my absolute favorite guitar.
# 3
Jiri Dolezal
Jiri Dolezal
08/10/2015 9:35 am
Hi!
I`m saving for the Super Avianti model developed and manufactured by a guitar virtuoso James Byrd. I`ve already payed a deposit and now I`m waiting for the guitar to be build. In other words. I have to be able to pay the rest next year. I`m saving every month and amount that will have to add up for the rest of the price of my dream guitar in 10-12 moths. I would change the title of this thread to: Shredding on a budget. :D
Best!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.