Seymour Duncan

nasum_human
nasum_human
07/20/2002 2:25 am
hey dudes, I was wondering if any of you gear heads can offer me some advice on pickups, I'm looking at swapping the pickups on my BC rich, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a killer rock/metal lead type tone? I've been flirting with the idea of a seymour duncan invader pickup for a while now, and I'm not really interested in EMG (everyone uses em, why be a sheep?) can anyone perhaps offer me any advice on which pickups I should be checking out? I hear DiMarzio super distortion pickups are pretty cool, oh and my guitar is a HSS configuration, but usually I spend all my time chugging away on the bridge humbucker anyway so I'm not TOO bothered about swapping out the singlecoils. Another question springs to mind, if I DID swap them out, would I have to use all the same brand pickups? or could I mix and match? please help!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 1
James8831
James8831
07/20/2002 2:16 pm
I should get commission

Seymour

I'm envious of the tone the old so and so gets.

No. Don't worry about who makes the darn things as long as they sound good to you,they're only bits of wire (etc) no compatibilty conflicts here.

What can matter is that you should put lower output pickups in the neck,use DC resistance as a guide, because too much output in the neck postion generates low end mud,basically.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2
nasum_human
nasum_human
07/23/2002 10:31 pm
Hokay, thanks man, I've ordered an invader pickup after listening to it, I didnt really get the best sound, as this computer is a laptop and the speakers wouldnt do a walkman justice.... but hell I took the plunge

one more thing, are BDSM humbuckers (the ones BC rich uses on it's higher end guitars, warlocks and beasts) a seperate company, or are they BC rich's own brand of higher quality/output pickup?
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.