Top Takeways on major scales

Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
02/21/2018 10:20 pm

Hey Everyone, [br][br]I was wondering if anyone could help me. [br][br]I have just finished the section on guitar fundamentals 2 'Open Major Scales and Cool ways to use them'. However, I am slightly confused now. At the end of the section Lisa explains how we should experiment using the different major scales and how they relate to the different keys. So for example if I was playing in the key of C and using the chords that went along with that. Would I just use notes from the C Major scale or could I also use notes from the G major scale as well ??? As G is one of the chords that fits well with the key of C ?? IF anyone could help me out regarding linking chords to each other using the major scale too I would be very grateful.

Essentially what I would like to clarify is if I am playing in the key of A and i wanted to come up with a melody to fit that. I would just use notes from the a major scale?

Also if I am attempting to come up with a melody using the A major scale and the key of the song I am improvising over is in the Key of A will the A major Scale notes still sound good over the minor chords in the key of A? Or do you have to change the scale to account for these chords? [br][br][br][br]Thanks TIm

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.