Kyser String Cleaner & Extender?

manXcat
manXcat
08/23/2018 12:30 am

Trust this is the right subsection to post this. It didn't really seem to fit in the Tech Talk category.

Would any one who currently uses Kyser be so kind as to give me their opinion of its efficacy?

I'm particularly interested in its performance as an everyday string lubricant. Given Kyser's marketing spin that emphasizes it's a "new and improved" formula which is a "milky white color", I'm guessing that's indicative it now contains silicon as its lubricant?

I'm currently using Tone Finger-Ease spray as a string lube (PTFE?), and while I have no complaint that does its job as described, unlike its amenable pricing in the US, it's three and a half times the price over here in AU which is galling for an already high margin consumable sold in such a small quantity container. So I'm looking for better value alternatives as I play every day and need to use it frequently given the humid saline climate where I live.

I've triaged the popular high profile imported alternatives like GHS Fast Fret and Planet Waves XLR8 out of the value equation, as they both fall into the same silly inflated local pricing bracket due their equally hefty single line import distributor margin impost. Whilst Kyser is still double the price here than in the US, thats more palatable for a grudge buy consumable than the alternatives.

P.S. I also use Dunlop 65 UltraGlide as a string cleaner and lube, and have been happy with its performance as a cleaner in the particular, although I find it less convenient to use as an everyday quick lube.

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.