Hello from NJ

EddieG122
EddieG122
10/26/2018 6:18 pm

Hey all! New to GuitarTricks and pretty new to the guitar. I played for two years between the ages of 10 and 12. We moved to another town and between that and not having much interest in learning it, I stopped playing at that point. I am now 45 and wished I would have stuck with it.

So I decided to it up again. I decided to hop on the 14 day trial of this site. I considered Guitareo as I was a member for quite a while of Drumeo, but this seems definitely more mature being it's been around much longer.

I am familiar with all the basics so I am looking to jump in to learning notes/chords/songs. However I like structure so I am going through all the very beginning videos in the beginner course. Between this and scale and tab books I think I'll have all I need to learn.

I may disappear off of here after the trial because when I signed up there were only a few hours left in the $97 for a year special and I didn't want to jump in without checking it out. So I may wait until that sale come up again when my trial expires. I've had a few days of checking it out and I would jump into that deal now if it were still available.

In any even I bought a Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender Mustang 20 watt amp. I'm very pleased with them but will be ecstatic once I can play! I am looking forward to learning here and being a part of the forums! below is a pic of my gear

Eddie

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/26/2018 9:15 pm

Hi EddieG115,

It's never too late to start playing. We're glad to have you on board! And don't worry about taking breaks from learning, you have to learn at your own pace. But if you can, just be sure to pick up the guitar every day, that way you have a mental and physical connection with practice. It really helps!

And another word of advice: don't over think it! We have an entire blog post that talks about how to get into the right groove for practicing right here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/Super-Easy-Tips-for-Practicing-Guitar

Also, that's a really nice Les Paul you got there!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
manXcat
manXcat
10/26/2018 11:15 pm

Hi Eddie. I'm excited for you!

I like your Epi axe. Very pretty. What is the colour? Teal or a blue burst? Solid versatile home practise amp too. Fender seemed determined to lift their game on the Mustang GT series with improved firmware and functionality released recently.

Don't beat yourself up over what might have been. That's gone. Look to what you do have. You can still enjoy it now!

The [u]enjoying it[/u] part is [u]the most important part[/u]. I second what our admin said. Make sure you pick it up 'most every day.

Cheers!

# 3
EddieG122
EddieG122
10/27/2018 12:40 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi EddieG115,

It's never too late to start playing. We're glad to have you on board! And don't worry about taking breaks from learning, you have to learn at your own pace. But if you can, just be sure to pick up the guitar every day, that way you have a mental and physical connection with practice. It really helps!

And another word of advice: don't over think it! We have an entire blog post that talks about how to get into the right groove for practicing right here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/Super-Easy-Tips-for-Practicing-Guitar

Also, that's a really nice Les Paul you got there!

Thank you! That's the plan, to get some time in everyday. Even if it's 5 - 10 minutes of spiderwalk. I am already really enjoying it!

# 4
EddieG122
EddieG122
10/27/2018 12:41 am
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Hi Eddie. I'm excited for you!

I like your Epi axe. Very pretty. What is the colour? Teal or a blue burst? Solid versatile home practise amp too. Fender seemed determined to lift their game on the Mustang GT series with improved firmware and functionality released recently.

Don't beat yourself up over what might have been. That's gone. Look to what you do have. You can still enjoy it now!

The [u]enjoying it[/u] part is [u]the most important part[/u]. I second what our admin said. Make sure you pick it up 'most every day.

Cheers!

Thank you! That color is Blueberry Burst. The picture doesn't do it justice!

# 5
EddieG122
EddieG122
11/06/2018 11:59 pm

So I actually returned my epi and got a Fender Strat! Since I was able to play some chords now and a few other things I went and tried out some other guitars and really liked this mor ethan the Epi. It's a Fender Players Stratocaster Plus Top in Aged Cherry Burst. It's back at the shop getting a full setup so I am a bit bummed but I'll have it back tomorrow or Thursday.

# 6
manXcat
manXcat
11/07/2018 4:23 am

Nice. Everyone knows red shreds faster. OTOH,....

P.S. My new guitar arrived by our local courier a short while ago. Haven't had time to unbox it yet. Short show and tell tomorrow perhaps.

# 7
JeffS65
JeffS65
11/07/2018 3:37 pm
Originally Posted by: EddieG115

Hey all! New to GuitarTricks and pretty new to the guitar. I played for two years between the ages of 10 and 12. We moved to another town and between that and not having much interest in learning it, I stopped playing at that point. I am now 45 and wished I would have stuck with it.

So I decided to it up again. I decided to hop on the 14 day trial of this site. I considered Guitareo as I was a member for quite a while of Drumeo, but this seems definitely more mature being it's been around much longer.

I am familiar with all the basics so I am looking to jump in to learning notes/chords/songs. However I like structure so I am going through all the very beginning videos in the beginner course. Between this and scale and tab books I think I'll have all I need to learn.

I may disappear off of here after the trial because when I signed up there were only a few hours left in the $97 for a year special and I didn't want to jump in without checking it out. So I may wait until that sale come up again when my trial expires. I've had a few days of checking it out and I would jump into that deal now if it were still available.

In any even I bought a Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender Mustang 20 watt amp. I'm very pleased with them but will be ecstatic once I can play! I am looking forward to learning here and being a part of the forums! below is a pic of my gear

Eddie

[/quote]

Welcome. Always good to try something (both the strat and Guitar Tricks). This page has a lot to reference for a budding and experienced guitar player. Very comprehensive.

With that said, Fender Players are great guitars so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Very pretty.

[quote=manXcat]

Haven't got a red axe in my collection yet.

(looks at avatar image) Jump on in, the water's warm ;)

# 8
seyedali.ston
seyedali.ston
11/07/2018 3:52 pm

I do not believe in the modern equipment in sound recording, and I would love to do my best in any way possible without any reason.

[br]But if you are in an area with high noise, you need to use the noise of the gate.

Which is very effective in teaching electric guitar

[br]http://cocaian.com/

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.