Auto Scroll

Beardy Jonny
Beardy Jonny
01/17/2021 3:25 pm

I also cancelled my membership due to the auto scroll issue listed by several users above when going through guitar fundamentals 1. I then came back to guitar tricks a few months later after they promised they would implement auto scroll to all FULL SONG play along lessons in fundamentals 1.

From what I'm reading above it seems they may have implemented autoscroll on all play along lessons on fundamentals 1 but when I tried a lesson on my phone or tablet this is still an issue due to the size of the screen. Also the autoscroll feature is jumpy and difficult to follow.

So it appears that this still hasn't been implemented properly and that the same problems persist making it hard to learn and play along.

[br]So with this in mind does anyone know any other guitar lesson websites that can be used on smartphone which have a better auto scroll feature on all play along lessons or at least show the notations on the screen as they are played by the teacher within the lesson video?

I know it's a bit rude to ask for a list of competitors on this website but perhaps they will only fix this issue when they see customers are driven elsewhere. [br][br]

Thanks and sorry because I love GuitarTricks. Great teachers and easy to use. It's almost perfect except for this issue!

# 1
jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
01/29/2021 5:43 am
Originally Posted by: Beardy Jonny

I also cancelled my membership due to the auto scroll issue listed by several users above when going through guitar fundamentals 1. I then came back to guitar tricks a few months later after they promised they would implement auto scroll to all FULL SONG play along lessons in fundamentals 1.

From what I'm reading above it seems they may have implemented autoscroll on all play along lessons on fundamentals 1 but when I tried a lesson on my phone or tablet this is still an issue due to the size of the screen. Also the autoscroll feature is jumpy and difficult to follow.

So it appears that this still hasn't been implemented properly and that the same problems persist making it hard to learn and play along.

[br]So with this in mind does anyone know any other guitar lesson websites that can be used on smartphone which have a better auto scroll feature on all play along lessons or at least show the notations on the screen as they are played by the teacher within the lesson video?

I know it's a bit rude to ask for a list of competitors on this website but perhaps they will only fix this issue when they see customers are driven elsewhere. [br][br]

Thanks and sorry because I love GuitarTricks. Great teachers and easy to use. It's almost perfect except for this issue!

I had cancelled as well but am now back to give it another go. I really like so much about GT but the auto scrolling and looping leave a lot to be desired. [br]Since you're asking, I'd suggest Truefire. They use Sound Slice tech for scrolling and looping. It is outstanding. My only gripe was that they cater toward mostly more advanced players and a lot of jazz. I mean a lot of jazz. [br]So, for me GT has the great content and instructors. I just hope that as I hang around, the interface improves. I wonder if the owners of GT have considered Sound Slice for this site?

Anywya, good luck with whatever you do man. [br][br]

PS - if you want to learn songs, this site has more than any of the others I've used. Another reason I came back. :)

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.