A Thought on What We're Accomplishing

kmj2685
kmj2685
03/19/2019 2:55 am

Yes, I'm a beginner, and I'm going through the rote mechanics of learning guitar hand/mind coordination, and it's not quite there yet, but....

I was thinking, while attempting to play, about what we're actually doing when we're playing music. Music is such an essential part of our being. I mean, it's an ingrained part of our make up as humans. The first bone flute was found all the way back in the Paleolithic Era, and drums came even before the flute was fashioned. Music was necessary to early religions as a form of inducing hypnotic trance, where a shaman would leave his earthly body to travel in the spiritual realms.

As music advanced, it was (and is!) synonomous with culture. It is as vital to a person and to a society as is a language, and it transcends communication on a day to day basis as something that touches an ancient core of our souls.

To play an instrument is truly a marvelous thing. We are creating something truly deep and primal with every note, and we are in connection with that part of ourselves that is in touch with something greater and bigger than our mortal lives.

Rock on.

- Ember

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/20/2019 4:46 pm

Hi there,

I absolutely agree that music is a super important part of all cultures. There are only 2 things in every culture that bring people together, the first one is food, and the second is music. These are universal languages!

It's pretty cool.

Anyway, if you have any questions about the site, please feel free to let us know!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.