Potentially very cool, Mike!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
06/06/2019 7:38 pm

I realize guitar sites in general never do this......must be some dang guitar site bylaw violation or whatever......but still this would be cool: To have a selection of blues/rock GT guitarists get together and jam over a group project! Say you, Tom, Dave and Christopher........pick on a cool vibe progression and then jam out...........taking time to discuss and demonstrate more in depth their own interpretations and thinking about their styles and what they contribute. Informal would be fine as the gist of this project in my mind is demonstrating why one played jazzier chords or octaves or how they developed a solo.......more or less real life group playing which after all should be everyone's ultimate goal!! Mix things up and help members understand how to not only play nice but compliment each other and not step on anyone's toes.......all while having a blast playing!! Jim C.

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
06/06/2019 9:58 pm

this is a great idea!!!!!

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/07/2019 11:11 am

Hey Jim!! What a great idea! I'll submit the suggestion to HQ and see what they say!

There actually is lesson with that type of idea that was done a few years back with Anders and Neal. In the meantime - check it out!!:

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=18080&s_id=1855

I'll keep you posted!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 3
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
06/07/2019 7:03 pm

Thanks as always, Mike!! It's great that GT strives to keep everything above board positive and this obviously reflects well to the members as well!! As I recall.......back in the day so to speak....a few years back....Neal used to basically conduct like monthly meetings and updates on everything GT............this should happen again!! I know...........it's easy for us to make all these recommendations ...........fine and dandy...........but often we don't see the bottom line..........still it would be super to have all this more proactive and fun along with getting great viewpoints from the many GT instructors we all respect and admire!!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.