Different chords than the course

rabinekroi
rabinekroi
07/06/2020 7:44 pm

Hi im new to playing guitar.

i'm right now learning how to do the e major and a minor chords by lisa mccormick.

the problem is that when im looking online for these chords i see something completely different on the chords diagram can someone explain why? It's just doesn't looks like anything that she teaches...

# 1
Herman10
Herman10
07/07/2020 12:11 am

Every chord can be taken in 5 different positions with different fingerings called voicings, best is to just stick with the lessons here and not doubt it by go checking somewhere on the net, that will only confuse you.

The other voicings you saw somewhere will come along here to if you get further into the lessons.

Herman

# 2
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
07/07/2020 1:07 am
Originally Posted by: rabinekroi

Hi im new to playing guitar.

i'm right now learning how to do the e major and a minor chords by lisa mccormick.

the problem is that when im looking online for these chords i see something completely different on the chords diagram can someone explain why? It's just doesn't looks like anything that she teaches...

Hey rabinekroi,

I think you're talking about this video:

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=22158

In that one, Lisa is teaching simplified, 3-string versions of those two chords (E and Am) that you can play with just a couple of fingers and simple strums. Eventually, it will lead to playing the larger versions of them with more strings and fingers.

And it's true, as hsnoeckx pointed out there are many versions of each chord, all over the neck. We're just trying to introduce them to you slowly. :)

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.