My first three months

MikeAxon
MikeAxon
10/31/2020 9:17 am

My first three months!

Just over three months ago I decided that in my retirement I would like to learn to play the guitar, I love listening to music, but I had never played any musical instrument in my life, so I purchased a Yamaha acoustic guitar and started trying to play a few chords.

At about the same time I became a member of guitartricks, I practice every day for about an hour, and I can already see a steady progress thanks to the fundamentals 1 lessons taught by Lisa.

My first three months learning to play guitar have been a mixture of frustration, satisfaction, achievement, enjoyment, determination and sore fingers, but thankfully discovering GT, and all the like minded people on the site, with so many varied and interesting posts, have really helped on the day’s when my fingers, hands and brain seem to have a mind of their own.

Every day I look forward to picking up this amazing instrument, it’s given me a new lease of life in these very strange times.

Stay safe all

Mike

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Full Access
Susan_Montgomery
Full Access
10/31/2020 9:32 am

That's really great Mike!

I agree, picking up this instrument just puts you in a totatlly different state of mind. You're no longer thinking about this super stressful world outside your front door. Instead, you can just focus on the learning process, watch time fly by (even when 2020 seems like it will last forever!), and have a lot of fun playing music. That's what this site has really done for me....I would still be in frustration-land had I tried to learn through other avenues. Instead, I am having a blast and finding that I never want to put down my guitar.

Anyways, glad you're well on your journey!

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
10/31/2020 10:47 am

Same or similar.

Enjoying the whole site.

Forum, lessons and facebook tutorials.

Even went out and bought an acoustic ( Tanglewood )to go along with my starter electric (Squire Mustang ).

And yes , there are some big differences in how they play.

chords, scales , a few licks and even delving more and more in to the theory side of the lessons.

Very slow progress but progress all the same.

Dave

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.