Blanket tutorial

mjgodin
mjgodin
07/01/2023 5:30 pm

Hey Mike,

Gave this one a whirl this morning. Nicely done. It broke me out of my comfort zone ,cause I must confess I've never heard of this song or the artist Diego Sandrin. It's a lot more challenging learning a song your not familiar with as opposed to something I grew up listening to over and over, but once I got into the vibe of the song it was fun and probably good for my guitar development.

As you stated in the lesson it is sort of a loose style of playing and I found myself adding some upstrums in between the two lighter chords, whereas you were doing ghost strums. It didn't seem to throw the timing off at all. Great song to practice arpeggiating between chords.

So is this artist somebody you follow on a regular basis? 

Might we see some more like it in future tutorials?

Again great Job,

Moe

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/02/2023 12:16 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Hey Mike,

Gave this one a whirl this morning. Nicely done. It broke me out of my comfort zone ,cause I must confess I've never heard of this song or the artist Diego Sandrin. It's a lot more challenging learning a song your not familiar with as opposed to something I grew up listening to over and over, but once I got into the vibe of the song it was fun and probably good for my guitar development.

As you stated in the lesson it is sort of a loose style of playing and I found myself adding some upstrums in between the two lighter chords, whereas you were doing ghost strums. It didn't seem to throw the timing off at all. Great song to practice arpeggiating between chords.

So is this artist somebody you follow on a regular basis? 

Might we see some more like it in future tutorials?

Again great Job,

Moe

Hi Moe, thanks so much for the kind words.  I commend you for jumping in and learning a song you've never heard before, and have it positively impact your progress!

I had never heard of this artist either. Over the years, there have been more than a few songs GT has thrown my way to teach that I was not familiar with, and every time, I always find something interesting or worthwhile in the guitar parts that will ultimately expand my playing.

I do believe we have another song coming from this artist, and of course, there will always be songs in the modern folk, singer-songwriter genre that will be added to the site.

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
mjgodin
mjgodin
08/06/2023 3:28 pm

Just checked out "Bad Graces".

Nice strumming tune, again great job.

Moe

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/07/2023 1:57 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: mjgodin

Just checked out "Bad Graces".

Nice strumming tune, again great job.

Moe

Hey Moe! Thanks for checking it out!

Keep rockin'

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.